RADIUS Mac

Keith130

Limp Gawd
I'm pretty new to the whole Mac expierence so forgive me if I make a fool of myself.

I need to run a carrier class authentication system, so as far as I know RADIUS and DIAMETER servers are my options, my network infrastructure is going to be made up of Xserves for everything: the SIP Proxy cluster (running linux), Web servers, STUN Servers (running linux). So for the authentication I also want to use a Mac, however I can't find a server, yes I've googled. The reason I want to to be a Mac is because I'll be using the Xserve RAID to store the records/database and I'm not sure of linux support so it would just be much simpler.

Anyway is there an authentication server that would match my needs that runs on 10.4?

Does no one use an authentication system on their Mac here? Besides the built in OpenLDAP as I dont think that can scale to my needs. Should I repost this in another section?

This place isn't the best place to get professional-level server and cluster support for the Mac; most of us here are home users and clients.

Probably the best place I can think of to go to is Ars Technica and the Mac Achaia section of its forums. I can't guarantee that they'll have all the answers, but experienced people do show up there.

One thing I can say is that Apple does claim that they have Linux support for the Xserve RAID, so it probably isn't absolutely essential that the computers go Mac as well.

Back