Raidmax Katana

The Doc

[H]ard|Gawd
Looks like a cheap version of Thermaltakes "Armor" series. I've owned serveral Raidmax cases (Cobra, X1, Sagitta) and they are all great value cases.

Katana

Where do they get "Katana" from that case? Looks like they uglified the TT Armor, removed a 3 x 5 1/4" 120mm fan drive cage and replaced it with a 80mm cpu side fan. The term "value case" seems appropriate here considering I paid about double that shipped (for the non window version).

Its not that bad for a value gaming case. When I first saw it I thought right away of Thermaltakes Armor chassis. I may not be a sexy looking case, but I have seen worse. I actually like it in all honesty.

God that thing is ugly.

Looks like someone took a dump in a box and called it a computer case......

Crazy Chuckster said:
God that thing is ugly.

Yeah, Imma agree with that...

I've even owned an X1, so I'm not biased.

Crazy Chuckster said:
God that thing is ugly.

i was wondering how long it would take for the lian-li f@nbois to rush in with the thread craps.

BioPort said:
i was wondering how long it would take for the lian-li f@nbois to rush in with the thread craps.

Can you honestly say you like it though?

They've got those wierd things around the window... The triangle pieces of plastic (which CAN be removed, if you replace them with a good screw)

The window is SO big any wire management would be impossible...

Ugly ring around the side fan

Wierd piller-y things at the front... The aluminum pieces

And it's long as hell.

Iunno, I'm not a "fan boy" of anything except what I like... And I don't like this case...

Arcygenical said:
Yeah, there's some SHARP corners in my X1.
Thick metal construction FTW. I've seen quite a few Chenming ripoffs which use very thin steel and don't have rounded corners. It's really a pain to work in them(literally!).

Maybe that is why it's called Raidmax Katana, they know you will cut yourself in the case, thus naming it after a long blade used for cutting things or fingers.

Raidmax Katana- Bandaged fingers approved.
Warning: sharp edges in and around case can be sharp.

Maybe that is why it's called Raidmax Katana, they know you will cut yourself in the case, thus naming it after a long blade used for cutting things or fingers.

Raidmax Katana- Bandaged fingers approved.
Warning: sharp edges in and around case can be sharp.

I understand that people cut themselves when working inside of a case; however if care is taken then it can be greatly avoided. I've worked with four Raidmax cases in the past (Sagitta, O2, X1, and Cobra) and I've never cut myself once. A lot of parts associated with Raidmax may feel cheap and flimsy, but Raidmax is not known as a high-end case vender in the first place. Raidmax is known for their "value" gaming cases and of course not everyone will like their cases.

Back