Ram Timings - Oh My!

Chilly

[H]ard|Gawd
I just ordered a pair of ocz platinums, yes eclipse I I know, I should of gotten ballistic, but I was able to get these at an unbeatable price, $264CND for the dual channel 2GB kit (2x1GB) of PC3200 2-3-2-5 ram, now thats at stock voltage and stock speed, which of course I won't be keeping, I'm wondering what the best timing for it would be, I've heard 2-2-2-15, but I'm not 100% sure if thats it, I'm using a 130nm clawhammer 3500+ oc'ed to 2.4GHz (shit OC I know, but its because of motherboard not locking SATA/IDE, stupid via) at 220FSB, now I'm wondering what would be the best timings? (I have seen these modules get 2.5-2-2-5 at 250FSB at 2.8volts, so I think its safe to say I can get good timings at 220 I hope). so what would be the best memory timming? 2-2-2-15 as I've heard some places? or 2-2-2-2 or 2-2-2-5? I'm not much of a memory guy so please help me out!

Chilly

you've seen the ocz do 250mhz at 2.5-2-2? that seems very... ballistix-esque ;)

anyhow, lower is better. i doubt you'll be able to go lower than 2-3-2, and if anything, you're gonna want to raise the timings as you're overclocking it. not sure exactly which chips those sticks use.. i have a feeling it's infineon, which means 3-3-2 is probably gonna be your best bet. do whatever the hell you want to tras. i normally just leave it at 8 :p

Back