Razer Synapse Software

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
Ok, so I just got in my new BlackWidow Elite to replace the Chroma V2 I spilled coffee in :(

I love my Razer keyboards, but this fucking Synapse Software is an adventure game all in it's own. NOTHING is done logically !

Two things I just cannot figure out, and they are very simple things...

1. How to attach a Chroma profile to a keyboard profile so the Chroma will change when the keyboard profile is changed.

2. How to assign a Function Key shortcut to a profile so it can be changed on the fly.

You would think these are basic, simple things to do but I'm totally stumped.

The keyboard shortcut thing is supposed to be done via a drop-down, but I'll be damned if I can find it.

I have Synapse Beta 3 and nothing out there seems to match it.

Ok, some dumb things I've learned.

As far as I can tell, there is no way you can set a keyboard shortcut to a profile in Synapse 3 Beta.

I cannot run Synapse 2 on my new BlackWidow Elite. It requires Beta 3 :(

As far as I can tell, there is no way to assign a chroma profile to a keyboard profile. No. Fuck no. You have to assign keyboard AND chroma profiles to a distinct game for auto switch. There is no real manual changing of keyboard and chroma profiles at the same time. WTF Batman!

So that leaves the Desktop and general apps. What do you do for them? Well, it's not documented anywhere but you create the profile you want and the chroma you want, then add explorer.exe as a 'game', and assign the the keyboard profile and chroma profile to it.

Oh, and then you have to rename your default chroma profile so it's the last alphabetically in the list.

God Dammit. WTF Razer?

Back