Re applying stock heat sink on a 8800GTX

I have a 8800 GTX that I have had water cooled for some time now. I'm taking it out and putting it in anoughter system with out water cooling.. The stock sink has been sitting in a box for some time so I wanted to replace the white stuff on the mem. Is it termal tape or what? Or should I just stick it back on and it should be fine? I'm putting in my wifes computer so if it breaks i'll die lol..Any help would be great thanks..:D

It's much thicker than termal tape. What brand is the card?
EVGA would sell you replacement tape/pads by contacting support.

PM RussianHAXOR. He can let you know what's needed to order replacement pads.

do you have to replace these pads when reattaching the stock HSF if they are still in good shape? I just bought a card that had this done. Not sure if this is why I can't overclock past 600core/900mem at all.

do you have to replace these pads when reattaching the stock HSF if they are still in good shape? I just bought a card that had this done. Not sure if this is why I can't overclock past 600core/900mem at all.
If they're not damaged, you shouldn't need to replace them.

I contacted EVGA about the heat sink and getting new thermal pads.. They said just send the card back and they would Replace it under Warenty.. EVGA rocks..:D

I contacted EVGA about the heat sink and getting new thermal pads.. They said just send the card back and they would Replace it under Warenty.. EVGA rocks..:D

Wow, I noticed the lil white tape actually coming apart, bought my card last august so heck Im gonna give them a call, glad I saw this thread.(My card temp is 68-70 @60%fan speed)

Thats why i like EVGA for Nvidia cards..

Thier biggest challenge with CSupport is that a lot of people use them so they have to deal with cr ap all the time...

Despite this, they have always took care of me .Even when,," Ive sometimes been stupid mad at NON EVGA failures" ,you know those Made by Nvidia type failures where you tend to bite the hand of the decent RMA personel trying to remidy your woes..Evga has always came through over the years, even with things such as "my sticker fell of can you send me another:D

kinda cool but .. then again.. why spend 10$ to ship it and have possible fuk up inthe process.. like them just keeping it.. or sending a diff card back close to the model.. recently saw a thread 8600gt was rma replaced with 8500gt after 3 weeks wait (with evga)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so id just do it my self and save a few bucks.. then again them pads are prob 5$ so who knows..

i had a evga card die few days after warranty expired and had no luck with any rma good thing cards arent worth much now days and can pick up a 9600gt for around 70$ after rebate new w lifetime warranty..

Yea I have a super clocked 8800GTX and I have heard of them sending back stock clocked cards when you send in OCed ones..

Back