RE-Building The House of RagE - AGAIN

But doesn't Fat32 have a file size limit of 2 GB?

If this is true, how do you expect to rip a DVD? All my rips turn out to be 4-7 Gigs

Originally posted by ness1469
Great, we're turning this treasure into a big geek argument. :(

Heh, I'd hardly call this a "treasure". Basically, I am building a huge-assed storage machine and sharing the progress as I go along instead of just showing the end result like I usually do.

On that note, anyone else notice how long this "2 day project" is taking? Between work and family I don't get as much time as I used to. This is why my truck (that is still not finished, btw) took 18 months :rolleyes:

Your D drive has more storage than our 2 computer labs in our school!!!

Wowies!! Bench it now!! must compare results to my single HDD so I can feel better about myself :(

Originally posted by Foolio882
But doesn't Fat32 have a file size limit of 2 GB?

If this is true, how do you expect to rip a DVD? All my rips turn out to be 4-7 Gigs

my dvd rips put out separate 1gb VOB files, so fat32 would work. then i put them in a single VOB (and winDVD 3 can't handle it right:mad:)

btw rage, do you do 5.1 divX's from your dvd rips (w00t)

you just use Ogg for the audio codec. headac3 can handle it if you want it.

Originally posted by killernoodle
Your D drive has more storage than our 2 computer labs in our school!!!

Wowies!! Bench it now!! must compare results to my single HDD so I can feel better about myself :(

I would really like to see what its performance is as well. :D

I just realized, looking at my own computer, I have 500gbs storage. Could use a few extra 120gbs and I'll hook up RAID 5. :cool:

Originally posted by mashie
Ehm, it is built by PS-RagE, not FLECOM.

If you actually read it is less likely someone will point and laugh at you :D

man i wish i had 1.2tb of storage!!! :eek:

but alas, im poor and lack of jobs down here leaves me with lots of seperate HD's all filled...

18gb hd (2Gb free, 15k cheetah hehe)
200Gb hd (5Mb free)
120Gb hd (12Mb free)
160Gb hd (1Gb free)

I can't believe you didn't even punch out those stock stamped fan grills at the rear :p . And I have to say that perhaps it's long past time for Windows to report HD size in KB.

Hmmm, perhaps some more RAM may be required after all.

memuse.jpg

This is with a single video stream

Originally posted by PS-RagE
It is 1066 RDRAM - not exactly parts "lying around"

haha, thats why i never did intel, never got screwed over with RDRam :p

It is 1066 RDRAM - not exactly parts "lying around"
i concur - i bought P4T533 when i first came out way back when. it used a 232-pin 32-bit RIMM4200 Samsung RDRAM, btw - even more rare and expensive... state of the art back then - piece of shit now. :D

lol when i saw those pics i even said it out loud "that thing is a beast!" than i saw 2 other people agreed with me. congrats!

only 5 days uptime? my server has currently been up:
5:12pm up 25 days, 21:06
(redhat 9)

and o yeah, can't you not go over 58(52 maybe) days uptime on any given windows box? (counter overflow on the uptime clock... microsoft is funny)

of course, my server only has 120gb of storage space, and it's also a pIII 450 i got for free (gateway...) so yours is still cooler than mine.

Originally posted by rogue_jedi
only 5 days uptime? my server has currently been up:
5:12pm up 25 days, 21:06
(redhat 9)

and o yeah, can't you not go over 58(52 maybe) days uptime on any given windows box? (counter overflow on the uptime clock... microsoft is funny)

of course, my server only has 120gb of storage space, and it's also a pIII 450 i got for free (gateway...) so yours is still cooler than mine.

he just finished it :rolleyes:

only 25 days? my 2000 server box has been up 54 days

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=flecom.net

so ya lets leave the MS bashing for another thread... kthxbye

thats candian beer folks

timmons eh, thats like 10 min away from me :eek:?

nice

DAMN thats nice... how about some pics of the final wiring of all those drives?

You should set up another one of those and start a webhosting company :D

Molson is hella cheap here in CNY, but on the other hand corona you pay out the ass for. It's all about how close to the border you live.

Page 5 was the finished shots of the inside. I'll take one of the back later, I guess but it is nothing special

Originally posted by sdk
thats candian beer folks

timmons eh, thats like 10 min away from me :eek:?

nice

Timmins. Yeah, 10 minutes (plus another 8 hours). Short drive ;)

Originally posted by DJDishwateR
Molson is hella cheap here in CNY, but on the other hand corona you pay out the ass for. It's all about how close to the border you live.

molson is not REAL canadian beer, too american

i did notice in rochester labatt blue was super damn cheap, while its a bit expensive back here in jersey

Originally posted by kronchev
molson is not REAL canadian beer, too american

i did notice in rochester labatt blue was super damn cheap, while its a bit expensive back here in jersey

WHAT??? Molson is as Canadian as it gets bud. (damned yanks....grumble, grumble)

WHAT??? Molson is as Canadian as it gets bud. (damned yanks....grumble, grumble)

Yeh yeh it's from Canada I know...but all the Canadians I know (you seem to be the first exception) don't like it.

I like Labatt more anyway. Maybe thats just me being a yank, but all my Canadian friends consider me an "honourary Canadian" anyway :D

Back