Real World x1900 series benchmarks

Since theres no difference between soft shadows on/off it means hes using AA... 48 avg framses at 16x12 4xAA is a bit impressive i think

like i said , all max ,

means 4xAA ,16xAF,computer:high , physics max ,

any settings you can find was turned on and maxed out , except the dx8 shader and something else right next to it

i will not post any more benchmarks because obvoiusly those are not correct , since my card doesnt switch to the right clocks

if somone can figure out why the card doesnt switch to 625/725 clocks when running 3d then i can benchmark some more

or until a new cat is released that supports x1900 cards

it looks like this card can do a lot more then we all thought from the first benchmarks that i have done

Thanks bobrownik!! Knowing that it's possible to play FEAR at those settings on this card makes it a win for me.

Since theres no difference between soft shadows on/off it means hes using AA... 48 avg framses at 16x12 4xAA is a bit impressive i think

those 19x14 #'s are also extremely impressive

bobrownik said:
i will not post any more benchmarks because obvoiusly those are not correct , since my card doesnt switch to the right clocks

if somone can figure out why the card doesnt switch to 625/725 clocks when running 3d then i can benchmark some more

or until a new cat is released that supports x1900 cards

it looks like this card can do a lot more then we all thought from the first benchmarks that i have done

dude, this card looks to be a monster even at less than stock clocks

Frostwake said:

A bit?

Anandtech shows 512GTX SLI getting 49 FPS average in FEAR at 16x12 4xAA, and a lone x1800xt getiing just 28.
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2607&p=7

Id say that is VERY impressive.

Honestly, when I first heard about the specs of the card I didnt think it'd be to much better than a x1800xt, and really not a 512 GTX "killer".. but from of these benchmarks it looks to be a winner.

I can't wait to see what [H] has to say about this in their review.

All I have to say is Wow! Thanks a lot for the benchmarks. Looks like there's definitely an issue with the clocks, but even with that issue (and the fact that at 600/700 you're still underclocked from the default 625/725), you're beating out an nVidia 7800GTX 512 SLI system according to these benchmarks:

Anandtech 7800GTX 512 review

Keep em coming :)

Adrian

haha, beat ya asmielia :p

but on a serious note, thanks for these benchmarks bobrownik, its really appreciated.

asmielia said:
All I have to say is Wow! Thanks a lot for the benchmarks. Looks like there's definitely an issue with the clocks, but even with that issue (and the fact that at 600/700 you're still underclocked from the default 625/725), you're beating out an nVidia 7800GTX 512 SLI system according to these benchmarks:

Anandtech 7800GTX 512 review

Keep em coming :)

Adrian

Not exactly. That Anandtech score for F.E.A.R. 1600x1200 4aa is way off. My average frame rate on the sig rig in SLI is around 63fps. Not sure why there score was so low.

heatlesssun said:
Not exactly. That Anandtech score for F.E.A.R. 1600x1200 4aa is way off. My average frame rate on the sig rig in SLI is around 63fps. Not sure why there score was so low.

Well, your BFG cards are overclocked out of the box for one. That probably accounts for at least 5 fps right there. Who knows really.

We'll know for sure how it stacks up once a proper review is out and a standard system is used for all video cards, but for now, things are looking very good.

Adrian

asmielia said:
Well, your BFG cards are overclocked out of the box for one. That probably accounts for at least 5 fps right there. Who knows really.

We'll know for sure how it stacks up once a proper review is out and a standard system is used for all video cards, but for now, things are looking very good.

Adrian

I'm sure that X1900 is faster than 7800 512 GTX. However I'm anxious to to know by how much. It would be really neat to be able to sit down and play on a X1900 CrossFire system and see if I notice the difference.

also remember that i tested with the fear multiplayer DEMO,

and that some textures werent rendered right , like the fire , and the wall texture on the right side of the water , it looked too blocky

bobrownik said:

and that some textures werent rendered right , like the fire , and the wall texture on the right side of the water , it looked too blocky

I'm betting it's drivers, wait till launch day :D :eek: ;)

its adaptive, i'd like to see that too, how ever i'm unsure how adaptive AA will have any enhanced visuals in fear, are there really any spots in that game with lots of alphas?

bobrownik said:

The blocky texture issue was a demo bug, so not ATIs fault. What is the issue with the fire?

the fire texture was also blocky,

ok let me just tell you this ,
i reinstalled the driver and the clocks seem to work ok now ,

with a little overclocking and a good driver this card will score well over 5k in 3dmark 06

Just ordered the X1900XT + overnight shipping! Does anyone know whether or not the X1900XT and 7800 GTX have the same fit for a water block? I was using a maze 4 on my GTX and plan to do the same with this card when I get it on Wed. Going to do some benchmarks with the GTX tonight and then send it off to the guy that bought the GTX from me tomorrow morning.

5150Joker said:
Just ordered the X1900XT + overnight shipping! Does anyone know whether or not the X1900XT and 7800 GTX have the same fit for a water block? I was using a maze 4 on my GTX and plan to do the same with this card when I get it on Wed. Going to do some benchmarks with the GTX tonight and then send it off to the guy that bought the GTX from me tomorrow morning.

Your Maze4 will fit. They have the same mounting.

Back