Received neutral Heatware from new member - IMO good transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

okashira

[H]ard|Gawd
After nearly 9 years of perfect feedback, I just received this feedback from a new member on an i5-2500K I sold.

Description: bought a 2500K
Comments: Wasn't so happy on dealing with seller he was kinda jerking me around about shipping finally got him to sell me the CPU 3 days later after I pmed him willing to buy it, so then took another few days to get it. I needed that CPU ASAP, but the seller was unwilling to make that happen.

I'm very happy with the CPU as it was described a great CPU but the seller was quite a pain to deal with.

Here are the facts:
1.) Buyer sent me an offer below asking price ("ill just take the CPU for 150 shipped please. Paypal will be the form of payment lmk!") Classic "I'll take it" line but not for asking price. In addition buyer was in California Residential AND was paying with CC paypal; which all added up to not a solid offer.
2.) I informed buyer I was not ecstatic about the offer ("idk man, payment from bank account? $150 - 3% pp fee + shipping to cali will bring it to $129 approx. for me, I was hoping to do a bit better .."
3.) Buyer was very eager, and new, and CC paypal, which made me nervous.
4.) Buyer's only counter offer was to tell me how to ship and to tell me how much shipping would cost (he was wrong...)
5.) I eventually accepted Saturday Aug 17 due to wanting to get all my stuff sold and thread closed. He sent payment same day.
6.) The item was DELIVERED Friday August 23. That's four business days delivery after payment.

Later I received this PM:
"I think you had a better 2500k then you thought u had, right now im sitting at 4.8Ghz 1.27v

awesome :) whats your heatware?"

What do you think?

If these are all the facts then you look fine. You're at no obligation to get the actual selling done in any time frame that doesn't suit you. It's still your item at that point. After you sold the item, it arrived 4 business days later which is perfectly fine imo.
Your buyer seems inexperienced and annoyed that he didn't get something as fast as he wanted, but those are expectations coming from his own mind, not the standards of forums. You can take as long as you like to consider offers that don't meet your original terms.

I'd leave him neutral heat as well for the same reasons he stated about you. He was a jerk about the deal.

I'd leave him neutral heat as well for the same reasons he stated about you. He was a jerk about the deal.

+1 sounds like a schmuck.. doesn't understand the difference between negotiation and final sale. He definitely deserves neutral heat. If he stated the fact that he needed it quick he should've just paid asking or made a better offer so it didn't get rejected..

he sounds like a douchebag......Centurion666 has been added to my DNT list

Buyer sounds like a kid who feels entitled to everything. Seller has the right to set his terms as long as they don't break the forum or paypal rules. However the whole Non-CC paypal stuff is a thing of the past. Paypal will charge their fee regardless and you will never know how the buyer paid. So asking for Non-CC is pointless.

I don't think theres any recourse for you except to leave neutral feedback in return with as much of this story as you can cram into the Heat form. Buyer sounds like a jerk who doesn't know how buying/selling works on the forums

Buyer sounds like a kid who feels entitled to everything. Seller has the right to set his terms as long as they don't break the forum or paypal rules. However the whole Non-CC paypal stuff is a thing of the past. Paypal will charge their fee regardless and you will never know how the buyer paid. So asking for Non-CC is pointless.

Exactly. All of this.

Speaking of Paypal fees, how is this okay?
Prices now do not include any "payment fee's" such a 3% fee's charged by common payment vendors.
It' your choice to re-imburse fee or pay with bank account.

sounds like a douche

man i wanted that i5
would have bought it with the motherboard too, with bank account PP :p

Leave the douche a neutral eval so everyone knows to stay away.Thanks for letting us know so we can add him to our dnt list. Unfortunately, I don't think heatware can do anything about it. It's a shame that these things do happen but I'm sure anyone reading your neutral eval knows you did nothing wrong. Be sure to link this thread to your eval.

A couple of questions come to mind:

- Did the buyer state he needed the CPU ASAP?
- How far below your asking price was he?

I agree with the general consensus...but...you did state that "Buyer was very eager, and new, and CC paypal, which made me nervous"...meaning you were hesitant to sell to him so maybe the buyer was sorta right from his point of view in that you were jerking him around a bit...maybe better communication all around would have helped

No come on, that's bending over backwards and then some. The buyer just wanted it all his way. Unless the seller explicitly promised the buyer anything in terms of ship time, a neutral was not warranted. We are individual sellers not some store.

I'd give him neutral or for him to change his Heat.

I don't think you were in wrong, and the you did everything you could've done.

All PayPal payments except Gifts have the fee's attached. Doesn't matter if its Credit Card or Bank or directly from your Paypal balance. That changed a few years ago.

I hate to sound like a jerk, but I gotta ask some questions, since you may have brought some of this stuff on yourself.

Why doesn't Centurion666 have a post in the thread where the CPU sold?
Is it maybe because at this time, he has like 27 posts total in the forum?

http://hardforum.com/member.php?u=262197

Dont the rules say like 50 or 100 post minimum to buy or sell here?

Also, he joined [H] 02-24-2013, and has heatware from this forum, from the same date.

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=84633

I am not taking his side by any means, or saying you deserve the neutral, but if you have 8-9 years of heatware, you kinda should have known better then to deal with him.

I am only posting all this as a reminder to everyone to follow the rules and be careful when trade here. The FS/FT rules are here to protect you, and this is the stuff that can happen when u dont follow them.

It does seem kinda odd that he hasn't joined in...

EDIT: given what's here (key phrase!) I'm inclined to side with OP. But Centurion666 may have information we don't -- info that could change things...

Well, thanks for all of the feedback. I can post all of our communication so it's all clear. We only communicated by PM so the entire convo is there.
I am not sure if I should go and post all of our PM's; maybe if he ok's that or if I get some kind of other OK to do that.

Anyway, I asked him to consider changing the feedback, he basically said no. What annoyed me was that he said because my price was listed as shipped, I should have immediately accepted his LOWER offer for a shipped price and sent him the item
His offer was "only" $5 or $9 then my asking price (can't remember), so normally I would have immediately accepted; but again...

-lower then asking
-shipping expensive (California residential)
-CC paypal

Y'know, there is more to an offer to just the price. It's the whole package. :-D

If he had just offered asking price, I would have accepted right away, but the lower offer simply caused me to evaluate the situation leading to the above revelations.

So I hesitated to accept. Simple as that. I never made any promises on delivery.

Of course what get's me is all the pm's later I got to buy it :-D

and I think he was intentionally taunting with his "lol your chip was better then you thought, awesome what's your heatware," then proceeds to give a neutral.
(I did say the chip was a golden sample...) so that set me off.

Anyway I don't know where this is going.. I suppose it's not the end of the world. :-P
I was afraid to leave feedback, as it could be construed as retaliation, but as a seller, I sure as hell would like to know if a buyer is bad-feedback-happy, lol.

chuck up for lesson learned and also when you give him feedback, be honest about it. if he deserves a neutral go ahead.

DPOSCORP pretty much nailed it......he has no business trading here so he is breaking the rules by doing so.......that right there says he is not trustworthy.....

as far as an eval, you certainly can leave him a neutral with a thorough explanation of how immature he is acting.... the comment about the chip confirms this.

include a link to this post....people will understand it completely after reading through this....People have a right to know who they are getting involved with......

You're too kind, OP. Rude people like that who act entitled (oh look he's in sanfran, that's actually a pretty common attitude there sadly) and then give you neutral, plus the rub-ins of "oh your cpu is better than you thought", deserve NEGATIVES in my opinion.

As far as the trade goes, it was 100% a negative experience for you. There are already people saying they are going to add him to their personal do not trade list. To me, that strikes me as enough of a justification to do so. The trade isn't just "did he give me money, did he receive". If the user has very critical parts of themselves that could potentially harm another user, wouldn't you want to know?

What if someone shipped out and had slow delivery time via USPS and he chargebacked them? Most buyers like the one OP dealt with are very quick to pull that on someone to double dip. Not saying he's 100% that type of person, but if you could even warn another user that would be enough.

I would personally leave either a detailed neutral or a negative. It's one thing to be understandable of someone when things happen, but the way he acted, his stubbornness on the neutral, and even leaving one to begin with is sort of BS.

I think the guy who bought is probably self-centered and only cares for himself. I usually don't say this to anyone, but how he worded that sentence just makes me believe that 'it is all about me' attitude.

Can a mod pm "Centurion666" about this thread? As I would like to hear the other side of the story also. Nothing against the op but it is hard to just rule on a one sided story. As he sold to someone that shouldn't have been sold to start with. So if this wouldn't have happened, then there wouldn't be this thread and him with a neutral heatware.

2.) I informed buyer I was not ecstatic about the offer ("idk man, payment from bank account? $150 - 3% pp fee + shipping to cali will bring it to $129 approx. for me, I was hoping to do a bit better .."

Paypal would have taken $4.65 out the transaction total. Not sure where all that mess came from. Or what is going on about the shipper also. As it doesn't take $16.35 to ship a cpu.

Can a mod pm "Centurion666" about this thread? As I would like to hear the other side of the story also. Nothing against the op but it is hard to just rule on a one sided story. As he sold to someone that shouldn't have been sold to start with. So if this wouldn't have happened, then there wouldn't be this thread and him with a neutral heatware.

Paypal would have taken $4.65 out the transaction total. Not sure where all that mess came from. Or what is going on about the shipper also. As it doesn't take $16.35 to ship a cpu.

Yeah, I agree with Killer. We should get both sides, perhaps one of the mods can help out with that? Obviously two wrongs don't make a right, but should have known better than to trade with someone that's not up to [H] mandated levels.

It can cost that much depending on how much you spent on packaging + shipping with insurance & tracking and carrier.

That is the problem, no one gave the information and we only have half the story right now. So we are waiting for the other side now. Hopefully he will come in here and post. As of right now everyone already wants to hang the guy, call him names and put the guy on the DNT list. But no one knows his story.

Plus just about all places gives you some amount of insurance on the item. If it is under the amount you need, you pay the difference then.Tracking is also given. But I like USPS flat rate and 3 day delivery. But everyone is different on shipping.

It can cost that much depending on how much you spent on packaging + shipping with insurance & tracking and carrier.

That is the problem, no one gave the information and we only have half the story right now. So we are waiting for the other side now. Hopefully he will come in here and post. As of right now everyone already wants to hang the guy, call him names and put the guy on the DNT list. But no one knows his story.

What story could you put down for leaving neutral feedback after buying a cpu for less than the asking cost, having it delivered within 4 days of payment, and then taunting the seller that they let it go for less than they should have?

If he can spin that somehow then put him on a political campaign. Only way I can see this going for the buyer would be if he can prove that OP is lying(which I doubt). Until then I will also be putting him on my DNT list as small of a trader as I am.

I think OP should leave negative feedback just for the last message combined with the neutral heat.

I seen numerous threads in here painting a one way line in the street. Until the other person comes in and tells his side. Again nothing against the op. But I myself would like to hear the other side. But if you can make a decision based on one side, then good for you. Too me, everyone should have their chance to tell their side of the story. Then you can speak how you feel then. It is just awful hard to pass judgement on just a one sided story........

That is the problem with the DNT list. He can't even buy here to begin with. All this was done behind the scenes. So should the op also get burnt for doing the wrong thing? Two wrongs don't make a right. You done slammed the buyer but the seller also messed up and broke the rules here.

What story could you put down for leaving neutral feedback after buying a cpu for less than the asking cost, having it delivered within 4 days of payment, and then taunting the seller that they let it go for less than they should have?

If he can spin that somehow then put him on a political campaign. Only way I can see this going for the buyer would be if he can prove that OP is lying(which I doubt). Until then I will also be putting him on my DNT list as small of a trader as I am.

I think OP should leave negative feedback just for the last message combined with the neutral heat.

I seen numerous threads in here painting a one way line in the street. Until the other person comes in and tells his side. Again nothing against the op. But I myself would like to hear the other side. But if you can make a decision based on one side, then good for you. Too me, everyone should have their chance to tell their side of the story. Then you can speak how you feel then. It is just awful hard to pass judgement on just a one sided story........

That is the problem with the DNT list. He can't even buy here to begin with. All this was done behind the scenes. So should the op also get burnt for doing the wrong thing? Two wrongs don't make a right. You done slammed the buyer but the seller also messed up and broke the rules here.

This is true. I apologize because I should have stated before that I would like to hear the other side of the story and I was just saying that I am extremely skeptical of it coming out another way that is favorable to the buyer. I suppose I should have said I will place the buyer(Who can't buy anyway so it is redundant :)) on my DNT list UNTIL he comes in and tells us his side of the story. Reason being is I am still a new trader and if he somehow became eligible for trades before this got resolved and I did a trade with him but hemmed and hawed a bit on price, a neutral would look twice as bad on someone who doesn't have much heat to begin with.

Well, not to take sides, but as a point of reference - I recently bought an i950 combo from someone on here, with one box containing the motherboard with CPU, and another with the memory and heatsink/fan combo. Each box cost over $20 to ship including insurance, and I only paid $200 for the combo (shipping was included). So I'd say $16 for a CPU properly packaged and insured is completely reasonable...

There is no "other side" of the story tbh. Centurion666 already posted his side of the story, and I quote:

"Rating: Neutral
Type: Centurion666 bought item from okashira
Description: bought a 2500K
Comments: Wasn't so happy on dealing with seller he was kinda jerking me around about shipping finally got him to sell me the CPU 3 days later after I pmed him willing to buy it, so then took another few days to get it. I needed that CPU ASAP, but the seller was unwilling to make that happen.

I'm very happy with the CPU as it was described a great CPU but the seller was quite a pain to deal with."

All I see is, he didn't like the haggling of price which I'm more than sure the majority of [H] members here have done.

Unless either one of the three occurs, there really shouldn't be a need for anything other than a positive.

1) Payment problem (AFTER agreement of pricing)
2) Transaction of product in a reasonable time (After receiving/clearing payment)
3) Quality of item (As advertised)

The OP or any other seller has the right not to sell an item. Heck, even McDonald's can legally refuse to serve if they wanted to lol

I didn't realize it was against the rules to buy (or sell to such a person?) with less then 50 posts? If he needs 50 posts to post in the FS/FT forum, does that mean he can't post in this thread? :-P

Hell I will post the whole conversation; even give a mod access to my account so it can be verified that I didn't doctor anything (just look at PM's) but is that ok?

I did not expect this thread to get so much attention. What he did is not worse, then say filing a charge back (fraud) or something like that, is it? O fcourse, he still could, lol. Would people second guess trading with me after viewing that negative feedback on my account?

Well, not to take sides, but as a point of reference - I recently bought an i950 combo from someone on here, with one box containing the motherboard with CPU, and another with the memory and heatsink/fan combo. Each box cost over $20 to ship including insurance, and I only paid $200 for the combo (shipping was included). So I'd say $16 for a CPU properly packaged and insured is completely reasonable...

Yes UPS ground was just over $16 to his location.
(which I always have used, up until recently I used USPS oddly enough at the demand of the buyer in question.) For PP "protection," they require signature conformation so even USPS was $11 -$12, not including my packing materials.

Of course, I think he was expecting cheap ass first class mail or something? Which I am not going to do. Funny enough that would have taken like 5 business days which mean he wouldn't have gotten the package until 3-4 days after he received it via USPS priority.

So I'd say $16 for a CPU properly packaged and insured is completely reasonable...

That's ridiculous. I just shipped a slim Blu-ray drive and a Logitech TouchPad in a 8x8x8 inch box or so via USPS Priority and it cost me under $7 and got there in three days (GA to CA).

I think USPS should ALWAYS be used. Out of 100+ (at least) items I've shipped via USPS never ONCE have I had a problem. USPS gets too much flak around here for no reason. They're always cheaper, they're always on time, and I never have had a problem.

$16 to ship a CPU is outrageous and just does more to prove my point.

That's ridiculous. I just shipped a slim Blu-ray drive and a Logitech TouchPad in a 8x8x8 inch box or so via USPS Priority and it cost me under $7 and got there in three days (GA to CA).

I think USPS should ALWAYS be used. Out of 100+ (at least) items I've shipped via USPS never ONCE have I had a problem. USPS gets too much flak around here for no reason. They're always cheaper, they're always on time, and I never have had a problem.

Just cause it was your decision to go with USPS doesn't mean the OP has too.

Stop being so one-sided. It cost him $16. It is not outrageous, it just isn't what you've experienced with. I've seen more then $16 just for a CPU and I've seen a lot less. Stop being so judgmental.

Yeah, you're right, my seller should have used USPS to ship from AZ to CA because it's so great... Oh, wait, he did:

And gee, it ended up as a LOT more than your "under $7"... But let's not let your single point of reference there stand in the way of the fact that I received a 17"x13"x5.5" box for over $20:

You also failed to mention whether or not you even insured your "under $7" package, and if so, for how much...

Bottom line, OP chose to ship however he liked, already noted that USPS would have only saved a few bucks over UPS, and wasn't asking opinions on his shipping methods. Any time a seller includes shipping in the stated price, he absolutely has the right to consider how low he chooses to go, as it's coming out of his pocket in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back