Recommended Performance TB HD?

monkeynetman

Limp Gawd
Hey guys my WD 500 GB HD is acting funny and I feel like I'm going to need a new one pretty soon. Any recommendation on a 1+ TB hard drive? Preferably quiet and a decent performer for loading games?

WDC 1TB black. I would do that then transfer your files and RMA the current drive.

The Black is not a quiet drive. If you want quiet look elsewhere. It's got great access times for a 7200 rpm drive, the best actually. And the sequential is decent, though not the fastest. But it makes quite a bit of noise when it's seeking.

Dustin

The Samsung F3 1 TB is probably the favorite right now.

Cool, thanks for the recommendation. I'm not having good luck with WD drives of 2009... 2 out of 5 of them has gone bad on me recently and if my hunch on my current 500 GB one is right, that would be my 3rd one to go out. I'm not saying I will not give WD a chance anymore, but I'm thinking about trying a different brand.

Than again, I'm dabbling into a lot of video editing lately and I'm probably wearing these drives out more than usual. Any other heavy video editors out there experience doing a heavy video editing task and noticing more drive failures, or am I just unlucky?

Back