Recovering Data from Ext HD

Silent.Sin

Gawd
Yesterday I reinstalled Windows and was doing some rearranging of my partitions at the same time so I backed up everything I needed to on my external USB 250GB HD. But now that I'm back up and running, Windows is unable to see any contents on my external. It recognizes the drive and displays it as "Unallocated" in disk management. I have no reason to believe it was somehow formatted in my partition rearrangements, and as far as I know there was no way fdisk had access to it in DOS as there was no usb driver loaded so I'm at a loss as to what happened. Does anyone know of a data recovery program that would be able to help me retrieve this stuff? Maybe I don't even need data recovery, maybe just a file table repair or something. Explorer does not display it at all, the only place I can see it is in Disk Management. So far all the freeware utilities I've tried only use an explorer-type method to look for disks so they do me no good. Am I better off hooking it onto an IDE cable and doing it that way? Thanks.

That did the trick. That program got everything, the PC Inspector File Recovery that's in the UBCD didn't seem to find the files even tho it appeared to work in the same manner. They should put a link to this program in the answers sticky.

I am happy for you. Not sure if there is a chance it'd be put in the sticky, as that would be similar to advertising for that company.

Back