Red Faction : Guerrilla - Really Hard?

texuspete00

Supreme [H]ardness
This game is HARD! Is it just me? I see some google results that say it's not just me, but damn. I'm just in the second area : Dust. I figure I have to beef up my character's gear, but I'm getting pulled in every direction. They're constantly calling on me to do side missions. Sometimes I can't even get a car in time. Every time I die I'm losing what ever precious morale I've been able to get after much frustration, and loading up more saves. Even when I finally get something done, every bastard comes out I can barely reap the salvage rewards without dying again.

Ugh! I'm playing on normal. I guess if this game's "casual" setting is the same as most games normal, it's just an ego shot. I'm not the most skilled gamer, but I don't want it to get too easy. It's a game I picked in my backlog. Review I read mentioned it being challenging but pegged it at a 15 hour game. I might just have to move along. Weak I know. :(

Hopefully I'm missing something? Like maybe if I get this walker I keep getting distracted from ("hey come help!" calls) it will get easier?

Slow down. You have to pace yourself out.

You can take any mission you want any time you want. Pick one thing you want to do and remember: You can come from all kinds of different angles and directions. Plan ahead a little bit, too. Have a getaway vehicle nearby that can carry enough people during a hostage rescue, for example.

Don't try to kill absolutely every enemy in sight, either.

Back