Removing keys from saitek eclipse

Has anyone removed the keys on this keyboard, and if so, how? I know most you can just pry the keys off but I wanted to make sure this method worked for this keyboard before I broke it trying this. :)

same here and i have a lot of junk down in there to clean out but i dont want to break it. I might have to try it though, ill start with the windows key since i have it disabled anyways...

yup, they just come out and pop back in..

edit: as always the spacebar is tricky tho..

Just take it apart and soak the whole keyboard with the keys still on it in warm water. I've done it before and it's fine to do so. Just let it air dry or use a hairdryer to dry it after drying it with paper towels.

It's a really great design as far as cleaning goes. You can also use warm water to clean the rubber backing as well. I've never had to take individual keys off when cleaning this keyboard ever.

I just hoover my keyboard with the bristle attachment of the hoover, then wipe down the surface with a damp cloth and dry with paper towels.

Works a charm, very nice keyboard as well, looks great in blue next to my blue copperhead.

I didn't need to clean it, I just needed to fix the space bar because the metal piece that is there to keep the key level fell out of it's socket so I would have to press the space bar in the middle and it was a pain. I took the whole thing apart and saw that they do pop out. They are easier to pop out from the back side and it's nice that all the keys are stuck to the frame. For cleaning it would definitely be easier just to unscrew the screws on the back and soak the top frame in water.

Mindriot said:
Just take it apart and soak the whole keyboard with the keys still on it in warm water. I've done it before and it's fine to do so. Just let it air dry or use a hairdryer to dry it after drying it with paper towels.

It's a really great design as far as cleaning goes. You can also use warm water to clean the rubber backing as well. I've never had to take individual keys off when cleaning this keyboard ever.

Good info to know (as I type on my eclispe) :)

ThirtySixBelow said:
I didn't need to clean it, I just needed to fix the space bar because the metal piece that is there to keep the key level fell out of it's socket so I would have to press the space bar in the middle and it was a pain. I took the whole thing apart and saw that they do pop out. They are easier to pop out from the back side and it's nice that all the keys are stuck to the frame. For cleaning it would definitely be easier just to unscrew the screws on the back and soak the top frame in water.
Ah....I just assumed you were trying to clean gunk out:).

ThirtySixBelow said:

Erm, yeah, just broke mine in this way - how didyou fix it? :p

I put mine in the dishwasher. I just let it air dry. Just make sure you turn off the dry heat that comes on at the end of the cycle.

Anyone else have the problem with the spacebar, and any info on fixing it? This shitty generic job i've got to replace it feels like walnuts and keeps spacking out... :(

my saitek gamers keyboard (i believe its the exact same as the eclipse, just no game port) just pops off like usual..

just remember to always pop it off straight up, don't pry to the side..

Back