Renaming ipod?

ubern00b15

Gawd
I have a G4 ipod that has the title iPod, on the top of the screen. I changed it to something else in iTunes, synced it a few times, and it still hasnt changed. Do I need to format the iPod for the name to change? I know you can do it, I'm just not sure how.

if I remember right you can only change it when running the ipod setup assistant and that runs after the ipod has been restored..as long as you have all your music in iTunes just get the current ipod updater, restore the ipod and when it is done name it to what ever you want

Try double clicking your ipod under iTunes... that renames it as well and is loads easier.

Arju said:
Try double clicking your ipod under iTunes... that renames it as well and is loads easier.

Yeah, this is the eaiset way.

Just open iTunes, double click iPod and it will let you rename it.

I know you can do that, but I don't think you all understand what I'm trying to do. I want to make it so that when I turn on my iPod, it says something other than iPod at the top of my screen. Renaming it in iTunes only makes it so that it says it in iTunes.

ubern00b15 said:
I know you can do that, but I don't think you all understand what I'm trying to do. I want to make it so that when I turn on my iPod, it says something other than iPod at the top of my screen. Renaming it in iTunes only makes it so that it says it in iTunes.

Hmm, that's not the case for me. When I bought my iPod photo, the default name was "iPod" and I didn't bother to change it until recently. I did this by doubele clicking it in itunes, and after renaming it, the ipod now shows up with the new name when viewing it in My Computer.

Back