Rivatuner 2.04 Released

Well from the beta testers, it appears to work very well. The settings that you adjust are ratio based to the core clock. 600Mhz core clock with a 2.5 shader clock ratio setting gives you 1.5Ghz shader clock. Very simple. You are right though, I can't wait to get home and try it. I wonder what kind of performance increases people will see? Usually the highest most can go are within the 1.6-1.7+Ghz range, close to 1.8ghz for some :).

Finally. I have been waiting for this feature to come out. Now if we only could get some voltage control...:D

Damn now that means I'll need to upgrade drivers again ;D.

Post up some clocks peeps (and include core A2/A3!)

I just OC'ed back to my pre 163.67 speeds of 612/1404/1000. Not going to mess around with the shader clock till I see others results. :p

Man you guys are selfish jerks. Learn to take one for the team. Guess I'll have to go second. :cool::D

My only DX10 card is on my laptop.

I am aware of this. It would just be nice if nvidia gave us at least some limited control of it. Oh well, there's always volt mods!

Good luck with that as well. Most recent boards now have something called "over voltage protection".

Which is also easily defeated by changing a couple of resistor values. Take a look over at VR Zone and what they did with the 8600 they got ahold of.

Which is also easily defeated by changing a couple of resistor values. Take a look over at VR Zone and what they did with the 8600 they got ahold of.

Already tried it. Doesn't work.

When I increased memory voltage to 2.4 volts it corrupts my video card. When I raised it to 2.2 volts it made my video memory overclock less.

Weird, it worked great on my 7900's. All you have to do is "fool" the protection circuit with a different value and it shouldn't trip. Key word there: shouldn't.

I'm gonna jump on the 'not brave enough' bandwagon too and anxiously await someone else to try this first :D. With my current overclock rivatuner shows my shaders maxing out above 1.5Ghz - yellow line and exclamation symbol on the graph resolution adjustment bar. Wonder if this will be fixed in the new release...

dammit! i posted the linky, someone's gotta go first here! like another poster, my shader clocks are already in the 'caution zone' with the triangled exclamation point and exceed 1500mhz.

someone giver a shot and exceed 1600mhz ! :D

(i'll be givin it a shot later this eve, regardless. see, this is what 3dmark is good for, let's see some before and after results!)

dammit! i posted the linky, someone's gotta go first here! like another poster, my shader clocks are already in the 'caution zone' with the triangled exclamation point and exceed 1500mhz.

someone giver a shot and exceed 1600mhz ! :D

WTF are you talking about caution zones and shit? Just use the settings and raise the max from 1500 to 2000 if you will, problem solved. Here's some caution zone for ya:

3.jpg

WTF are you talking about caution zones and shit? Just use the settings and raise the max from 1500 to 2000 if you will, problem solved. Here's some caution zone for ya:

He is referring to the fact that RivaTuner's hardware monitor limits the shader clock graph to a max of 1500mhz thus flagging a caution symbol.

Nice OC Super, that your max or just one you tested at? Or is that your bios one from before?

Nice OC Super, that your max or just one you tested at? Or is that your bios one from before?

The one with the 3dmarks is max stable clocks that can finish 1 run of 3dmark06. :D So not stable at all. The clocks posted on this page are my 24/7 clocks, 60 minutes artifact free with atitool.. fan @ auto..

lol, well damn, it's caution at default so i was a-scared! no need to get snippy :D

Hehehehe :D, how much lower is 3dmark with the stable OC? Few hundred?

Can't wait to try out this and the drivers that were released today when I get off work =)

Hehehehe :D, how much lower is 3dmark with the stable OC? Few hundred?

Can't wait to try out this and the drivers that were released today when I get off work =)

I can't really say because I didn't do any further testing because my cpu was overclocked to a really unstable state too. :) But I guess maybe 500-700 lower.

Just fu**ing with ya :D

heh heh, good on ya for postin the first results here tho. excellent that our computers are pretty much the same, i've got a number to beat :D

just downloadin the 1.1.0 3dmark06 so my comparison results will be 'official' heh heh.

WTF are you talking about caution zones and shit? Just use the settings and raise the max from 1500 to 2000 if you will, problem solved. Here's some caution zone for ya...

Hey, what setting did you use on the shader clock, 2.52, 2.53? (RivaTuner 2.04, which I assume you're using.)

Hey, what setting did you use on the shader clock, 2.52, 2.53? (RivaTuner 2.04, which I assume you're using.)

Well I'm sorry, I haven't used rivatuner to set the ratio. I've only used nibitor to tweak the clocks straight into bios. 1620 on the shaders is still the max I can get out of my card in order to remain artifact free in atitool. 1674 is ok in games and all but artifacts after about 10 minutes.

2.4's the best I've managed, with 675Mhz on the core as before and shaders up from 15-something to 1620Mhz. After that I get artifacts -- not enough voltage I guess? Still like 44C load... RAM max is still 1026Mhz without artifacts. No real noticeable difference from what I've seen though -- I'll see if it affects 3DMark scores, but then again I've changed drivers too (163.67 to 163.69 as of today) so that's far from being "scientific" about it.

with my OC of 648 core and 1080 mem, i was able to up the shaderclockratio to 2.65... not sure of the exact ratio number it took to get my rating since it steps up based on ranges of numbers like everything else does with this card, but i ended up with a stable shader overclock of 1728MHz.

minimal performance differences from what i can tell... ~750 more 3d06marks (SuperKeijo has me beat by just over 1000marks ;) ), ~7 more frames in the HL2: LC stress test. meh.

if i tried to take the ratio any higher my shader clock sets itself over 1820MHz, but my card locks up when i start the fuzzy cube.

edit: 2.5 is as high as i can take the shaderclockratio without encountering artifacts in atitool, which gives me an atitool stable shader oc of 1620MHz. i've ran CS : S, HL2 :LC, WoW, World in Conflict, ETQW without issue at the 1728MHz shader clock, however.

shaderocjm4.jpg

Is that artifact free though? I realize you can run furrycube, but what about the artifact scanner?

Snaggletooth, pretty nice OC on the memory. 1080 MHz on the 8800 GTS equals exactly the bandwidth of a stock GTX (900MHz), 86.4GB/s.

I gotta re-seat my CPU waterblock (I'm idling at 68C in tat) and then I am gonna put my new Swiftech Stealth Rev. 2 on my 8800gtx and will post up my results.

Snaggletooth, pretty nice OC on the memory. 1080 MHz on the 8800 GTS equals exactly the bandwidth of a stock GTX (900MHz), 86.4GB/s.

:) i've been nothing but impressed with the way this card has clocked since installing it at the beginning of september.

i can take the core and memory a little higher too, but it's set 2 'increments' below where i start to have problems in each case.

it'd be awesome to see someone crack into the stable-1700 range with this shader oc... i wonder what it would take.

what would be a good proggy (read: easy benchmark, aside from 3dmark) to use to judge the tangible benefits of the shader clock?

:confused:

Where are you finding that monitor that shows your speeds for the shader core? I can't find it in rivatuner.

open rivatuner and underneath the top drop-down menu there is a button beside 'customize'. once you click that, look for the integrated circuit with a magnifying glass. that's it.

Back