Rosewill Black Gaming Keyboard $10 shipped

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
I could have sworn I saw this posted here but can't find it for the life of me so it must have been on another hot deals forum.

Newegg has the Rosewill 104 key 'Gaming' keyboard for $15 minus $5 coupon for a grand total of $10 with FREE UPS ground shipping. Remember to use coupon code EMCNHJN52 at checkout to knock off that extra $5. Deal expires on 2/16

This isn't a fancy ass $100 keyboard, it's not mechanical and uses plain old rubber dome / membrane technology, but I'm typing on it right now and It actually feels pretty good for a board that retails for $20. It's got a nice tactile bump for a membrane keyboard. This keyboard is 2KRO (two key rollover) with an optimized gaming matrix, meaning the QWE, ASD, spacebar, and arrow keys can all be depressed at the same time without ghosting. This keyboard has a PS/2 connector so if you're using one of the rare (stupid) 'legacy free' motherboards that don't have a PS/2 port either pass this deal up or have a PS/2 to USB dongle handy. To get it for $10 is a steal and it will beat any cheap-o you can pick up at Best Buy, Fry's, etc. It's worth the $10 just to read the engrish on the box! :D

It even comes with a set of silver WASD keycaps and a key puller - pretty nifty for a cheap keyboard.

Buy one or two to keep as spares for your extra PCs, or backups, or whatever. :D

Last edited:
thanks. I think I might buy one just because the one i've been using is disgustingly filthy with food crumbs from over 10 yrs of use. I never cleaned it.....:eek:

for a second I thought it was a mechanical keyboard :(. Oh wells i already have a mechanical.

for a second I thought it was a mechanical keyboard :(. Oh wells i already have a mechanical.

Nope, not a mechanical... but I can tell you the feel is very tactile compared to most other rubber dome keyboards. It feels pretty great to type on and even if it only lasts a year that's still great for $10. I'd say it's a great deal at the original $20 retail, let alone for the $10 on this deal. :)

I get the same thing. It says that this product cannot be shipped to IL. WTF?

According to federal law, no person in Illinois is allowed to own a black keyboard, only beige.

j/k... That's a new one to me, I'm flummoxed. :eek:

Doing some research (google-fu) it looks like Rosewill keyboards cannot be shipped to IL, NC, and NY. No one has gotten an answer from Newegg as to exactly why...

Great KB for the price, the only thing that could be an issue is the small backspace key. It's a pain if you are used to a regular double-size one, but once you get used to it I can't imagine it being a problem. For $10 shipped I don't think you can beat it.

Great KB for the price, the only thing that could be an issue is the small backspace key.

I hate that new "trend" on keyboards. Like it really saves you that much space to have a tiny-ass backspace...

I think that this is the first time I have ever seen a non-mechanical keyboard with a keypuller and WASD keycaps....

I guess for $10, why not? I need one spare keyboard for one of my LAN machines. In for one...

why is this PS/2 instead of USB?

Something to keep in mind as newer motherboards such as the p8z68's no longer have ps/2 ports, and while usb to ps/2 adapters seem to work well, I've always had issues with ps/2 to usb adapters.

thanks. I think I might buy one just because the one i've been using is disgustingly filthy with food crumbs from over 10 yrs of use. I never cleaned it.....:eek:

If you're looking for a cheap quality keyboard, I would recommend these:

usb version
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823107128

ps/2 version
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823107120

It really is one of those rare cases where you DON'T get what you pay for. I've owned one of each before I got my Filco and I consider them to be by far the best computer components I've ever purchased under $8.

I thought this was a bit funny: "Up to 11 keys can be pressed at the same" Assuming 1 key per finger, someone is gonna have to break out the toes. :p

I'm tempted to buy it for the keypuller. One of those with shipping from most places is like $3. ;)

More seriously, I'm getting in to keyboard modding / custom controller work and I wouldn't have to feel bad taking a hacksaw to this.

If you're looking for a cheap quality keyboard, I would recommend these:

usb version
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823107128

ps/2 version
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823107120

It really is one of those rare cases where you DON'T get what you pay for. I've owned one of each before I got my Filco and I consider them to be by far the best computer components I've ever purchased under $8.

I've got a couple of the USB version... they're OK except the keys feel like pudding. :p

I thought this was a bit funny: "Up to 11 keys can be pressed at the same" Assuming 1 key per finger, someone is gonna have to break out the toes. :p

Yeah, this is basically a 2KRO keyboard with an 'optimized gaming matrix', meaning the QWE, ASD, spacebar, and arrow keys are matrixed in such a way as they can all be depressed and register at the same time. Should be fine for most gaming situations.

Blue Falcon, I want every [H]otDeals thread to be posted by you. :)

The keyboard is nifty, but your mini-no-bullshit-sugar-coating review is what really sold me on it.

The keyboard is nifty, but your mini-no-bullshit-sugar-coating review is what really sold me on it.

Gotta tell it like it is... this isn't a $200 Filco but for the price it feels pretty damn good to type on. I actually just ordered two more just to keep in the closet as spares. :D

Gotta tell it like it is... this isn't a $200 Filco but for the price it feels pretty damn good to type on. I actually just ordered two more just to keep in the closet as spares. :D

Paying $200 for a Filco... lulz.

Nice mini-review thing, as others have said. I'mma chop this sucker up and solder old PATA cables to it all over the place, it's going to be great. Plus I get a keypuller, and I love engrish! Winning.

I hate that new "trend" on keyboards. Like it really saves you that much space to have a tiny-ass backspace...

Well it gives you a bigger enter key so it's like trading the size of one for the other.

I wouldn't buy the keyboard for that exact reason. It would be broke to soon from anger :mad:.

I'm not sure if it's the same one but I got a couple of PS/2 keyboards for I think $6 each just for the rare times I'm working on a computer that I need PS/2 for. I think I got a few USB ones for $10 each with the full size backspace not to long ago.

I can't say if they're as the better or worse as far as quality goes... both were Rosewill though.

Back