RUN, dont walk - A80 at Office Depot for $199.00

ScreamingBroccoli said:
what is it?
Jesus, it takes two clicks to find out.

Hot deal, but I've already almost surely missed out. People snap up the deals in Denton, TX super-fast.

It's the Canon A80 Digital Camera with 4mp.

It's not too bad. I haven't really used it all that much but a 4mp at that price is huge.

Thanks for the heads up on this one I really hope the OD in my area has some left.

Every store in Charlotte, NC is sold out. I called around to every store in the area and they said that they only had one or two per store to start with, which is a bunch of crap IMO. I mean, you advertise this thing for a three day sale and you're that low on inventory?

Hey, just to let you know. The average Office Depot only carries 3 of most of the technology items anyways.

Great camera, i got it when staples had it for 280 with a free 128mb cf card, I got the display for under 250 with the free card. here is a sample pic.

3.jpg

Sorry for the blatent posting of my kid. :p

normally I'd scarf one of these up and try my luck ebaying it but seeing since my local OD has the assistant manager from hell working there, I wont even waste my time because he'll damn sure find a way to weasle out of this one just like he does 99% of the time.

on a side note though....

I did manage to scarf one of these bad boyz up around four months ago when OD had the deal of the century on this same excact camera. I think my A80 was something like $154 which included my state's sales tax. and that was for a brand new camera still in the box. :p

By Golly! He's HUGE! and what are you feeding him?!

LOL, pizza by the pound. LOL He actually is very big, he was 11lbs 2 oz when he was born and is as big as a 3 year old now, he is 21 months today.

fldrice said:
Print the flyer and take it to CC for a PM.

can you do that? i doubt CC will match. Price Matching usually has like 4-5 lines of small print under it.

They normally only pricematch it if the other store actually has the item in stock.
There is always a chance you could get a stupid rep that wouldn't know. Whats the normal price anyways? Normally insanely discounted items set off red flags when pricematching is concerned.

I tried to PM a GBA at Circuit City, it was only $20 cheaper than anywhere else because a KB Toy Store was going out of business, they just didn't have the color my GF wanted, they had plenty of stock. The CC rep threw a hissy fit and wouldn't do crap for me, gave me a huge hassle, didn't believe the deal, and didn't think they had any instock, and THEN he wouldn't even call the store to PM, he called a different one that wasn't doing the deal. I hate managers like that, like they really would have lost out on so much by selling a GBA for $20 cheaper...... :rolleyes:

Sorry to get off topic, wish I could pick one of these up but I have no money cause i gotta pay for my own classes this semester.

usually won't quote pics, but this one is going to need braces. mark my word.

Its hard to tell, he only has 10 teeth, we will see when he gets them all.

You could always get some place like compusa to pricematch it too. They have gotten a lot better since they started there unmatched crap. Just tell them to f off on there warranty's

Shoulda made that picture a link or something. Yeah, he's gonna need braces and some prozak. :) Looks like a fun kid though.

Back