Ryzen 2200G / 2400G + Freesync, worth it?

ir0nw0lf

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm fixing to build a Ryzen 2200G or 2400G system for teenage kid of a friend. He will be gaming and plans to drop a dGPU in down the line, too $$$ to get it all up front right now according to them. I was looking at Newegg and they have a ACER GF246 24" Freesync monitor for $119.99 - $15 code. I wasn't sure if a Freesync monitor would "help" with these. But it seemed like a good price to go ahead and pair up now and it would be of use later on when he drops a dGPU on it [AMD of course].

I suppose he couldn't go wrong with the Freesync monitor at this point? I tried to plow through the reviews at Newegg but the farking bastards combined their reviews and it's nearly impossible to find the actual reviews for a specific product now. :mad:

EDIT: Posted this under the processor section, figured it was the best section vs. displays or video cards.

You can find a few 144hz monitors for under $200. I would not go for a 60hz 1080p monitor in 2018. The 2400G with fast RAM can game really well at low settings. Do not skimp on slow DDR4.

I suppose he couldn't go wrong with the Freesync monitor at this point? I tried to plow through the reviews at Newegg but the farking bastards combined their reviews and it's nearly impossible to find the actual reviews for a specific product now. :mad:

On Newegg, after you get down to the reviews section, next to the graph where it shows the "eggs" of the product, un-check the checkbox under Filter Result -> All Related Product Reviews. That will give you the reviews for the specific product.

Not everybody sees a difference to 144hz. I can’t.

But I sure as heck can tell when freesync is on and I absolutely recommend it.

I’d rather have 75hz and freesync than 144hz and no freesync.

Reactions: noko
like this
I just got my 2200G going on a very odd Gigabyte board that has huge memory buffer sizes for the Vega gpu as I picked 4Gb in bios as I have one stick of G-Skill 8Gb runnimg 2666Mhz and it's shows 4Gb in Radeon drivers for the gpu, Have it hooked up to Samsung 27 Freesync 2 engine 1080p and downloading WoT.

33720314_1163623320446044_5519631367383547904_o.jpg

Not everybody sees a difference to 144hz. I can’t.

But I sure as heck can tell when freesync is on and I absolutely recommend it.

I’d rather have 75hz and freesync than 144hz and no freesync.

I cannot fathom that. The difference is so obvious. Amazon has a refurbished 144hz for under $150.

Back