S23A750D what model glasses

I just picked up a used S23A750D and it didnt come with 3d glasses. Any one with one tell me what model the glasses are that came with it? Thanks

Out of curiosity, have you experienced any problems with the displayport yet (loosing signal, going in to sleep mode)?

Monitor will be here tommrow and I will be using a 20 foot cable so we will see. SSG-3100GB is what one review said came with it just wanted to make sure here in the US.

Last edited:
the glasses you can use SSG-M3050GB, SSG-M3150GB and the rechargeable SSG-M3750CR.
SSG-3100GB will not work since it is for TV only not monitors.

Monitor will be here tommrow and I will be using a 20 foot cable so we will see. SSG-3100GB is what one review said came with it just wanted to make sure here in the US.

The glasses are not labelled correctly (at least mine aren't). It says they are SSG-3100GB on the sticker but on the box they are correctly identified as SSG-3150GB (those work at 120Hz as intended). Don't worry about extra 'M's in the models they are the same thing.

Maybe it could be that the SSG-3150GB compatible without the "M" but on the Sammy web site it indicates otherwise
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs-accessories/SSG-3050GB/ZA
no mention for use on 3D monitors.
the SSG-3150GB and the SSG-M3050GB looks the same and the SSG-3150GB would be cheaper.
I just got my Samsung S23A700D a few days ago and it came with the SSG-M3050GB glasses

Yes I have heard about some glasses not labeled correctly but I think it would be safer to have the "M" or the glasses say 3D PC. It is a bit confusing and glasses made for 3D TV will not work on the monitors and why Samsung did this I have no answer.

It was my original understanding that the reason that glasses for the monitors are different from the ones for TV is that the orientation of the active glass shutters for the monitors are orientated 45% different from the glasses used for TV. The way you can test this as I understand is to activated the 3D and tilt your head 45% and if the image is sharper and less ghosting you have the wrong glasses. I have not heard any official word from Samsung making glasses that will work for both TV and monitors.
I noticed that using the glasses that came with my monitor, SSG-M3050GB with glasses turn off, the shutter not active and the monitor in 2D I get color shift when tilting my head. This tells me there is some polarization effect even with active shutter glasses just like with passive glasses systems.

I am very happy with my S23A7000D I brought a few music 3D blu-ray from Aix Records and 3D effect is just very powerful and clear. I can stand up or below at 30% or at the sides at 45% and still have a very clear 3D presentation. Only tilting my head will "wreck" the 3D effect. It is like watching an IMAX movie in 3D only on a smaller screen. I am just delighted with the quality. I tried four different commercial software 3D players on my computer before I find the one that will work properly with my setup. I have ordered a extra SSG-M3150GB glasses that is stated to work with my monitor. Hopeful l can have both pairs active at the same time with the monitor. I know that with TV you can but not 100% sure with monitors. I post back when I know. :cool:

I received SSG-M3150GB glasses and I was able to confirm that you can have both the SSG-M3150GB and the SSG-M3050GB glasses active at the same time so that you have have two people with glasses watching the same 3D movie as for example. You just have to remember since these glasses are BlueTooth you have to use the pairing procedure for the first time and the monitor will response back saying 3D glasses connected. I am not sure if there is a limit of glasses that can be paired with the ID codes.
The difference between the SSG-M3150GB and the SSG-M3050GB is that the SSG-M3150GB is the older style and better built with the lens a bit wider and no frame on the bottom of the lens. The battery door is also better built on the left side. The SSG-M3050GB is the cheaper version and the battery door at the middle of the glasses is very flimsy and I do not see that the battery door will last a long time. Both have roughly the same performance except the SSG-M3150GB has a bit more shielding on the sides and uses a rubber nose bridge. The SSG-M3050GB has a plastic nose bridge and can be removed in order fit over your preexisting glasses. I have no issue in using the SSG-M3150GB with regular glasses but it is a tad bit heavier than the SSG-M3050GB

FWIW, I have a S23A750D and it came with the 3100GB glasses. I'm in the US.

Mine have a logo "Samsung PC 3D"

Can't comment at all with whether the PC/TV models are interchangeable.

If you can't get any at best buy to work post a reply - I really don't use mine and could be swayed to send it away if reimbursed for shipping.

PS - Hope you don't get the crappy Displayport dropout issue! Its otherwise a great monitor.

Back