S27A950D Shutting Off Randomly

tonspike

Limp Gawd
Has anyone had this issue? The monitor will turn off randomly every few hours, regardless of what I'm doing. I've ruled out a faulty graphics card as I've used my other monitor without any issues.

What I'm thinking it could be:
PSU not giving enough power? (Hope not)
Faulty DVI-D cable? (Ordered a new one as well as Displayport cable to try those out)
Cheap surge protector? (Ordered a newer, higher quality one)
Drivers? (I'm using Nvidia beta drivers)

I don't think the monitor itself is faulty as I bought it from a friend and he's used it for a couple months without issues. At least I hope it isn't starting to fail now.

Anyone have any ideas/have dealt with something like this before?

Does the blue power light on monitor goes out when this happens? Did you check the power connections used on the power brick make sure it is tight? Do you have sleep for monitor turn on in the OS?

Does the blue power light on monitor goes out when this happens? Did you check the power connections used on the power brick make sure it is tight? Do you have sleep for monitor turn on in the OS?

Do you mean the white light on the front of the monitor? Yes all the buttons go off in order as if I had pressed the power button. The brick seems to be OK. I do have my monitor set to go to sleep in 15 minutes of no activity under power options, but there wasn't an issue with my old monitor.

It sounds like the issue is within the monitor power not a computer connection issue. Do you have Eco Motion Sensor turn on?

Mine does the same, tried with 2 different graphics cards, win7, win8, DP, dvi, all same (actually with dvi the screen blacks a few sec, then comes back, with DP it loses the signal ("not optimum mode", only turning off/on works).

Going to use the warranty, but have been a bit lazy as it only happens like once a day or so. These issues started after roughly 1 year.
(i also have all power saving stuff off etc, on both monitor, windows, nvidia drivers).

seems to be a widespread issue from what i can tell, call samsung and see what they have to say about it

Just wanted to update everyone and tell you guys I'm an idiot--apparently I missed a setting in the "Setup" menu that shuts the monitor down on a timer.

Of course I've already bought a slew of new cables, surge protector, etc. :mad:

Thanks for the help, guys.

Back