Samsung 830 SATA III 128GB $140 apc fs exp 3/30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going to post earlier, but figured it would have been already.
Now I can finally know if I like 830, M4, or Performance Pro better lol.

I just threw an M4 128GB SSD into my wife's system, so it'll be nice to have a basis of comparison. I'm guessing they'll both be equally fast with typical home use activities.

Nice deal. Hope the prices keep coming down. I paid more money for a couple Vertex 2 which have been lousy.

I also paid more for an Crucial M4 which has been a good experience.

Don't need any SSDs right now but if I did I would be all over this deal.

It was too hard to resist, so I ended up sagging one right before I posted the deal. It'll be sitting on the shelf until IB + Z77, but oh well.

Thought about getting a second one for my laptop, but it's not really needed for email, Google searches, and browsing [H].

It was too hard to resist, so I ended up sagging one right before I posted the deal. It'll be sitting on the shelf until IB + Z77, but oh well.

Thought about getting a second one for my laptop, but it's not really needed for email, Google searches, and browsing [H].

I picked one up as well but from Amazon at the same price even though they have a 3-6 week delivery estimate that’s perfect since it will be easy to cancel if the price drops and I’ am also waiting for IB + Z77 motherboards for my new build so waiting is not a big deal right now. This will be my first SSD purchase!

First for me as well! Can hardly wait for my IB upgrade... My wife is really starting to brag up her SSD since it was installed 2 days ago... I'm feeling a little left behind in the storage department. LOL

I just threw an M4 128GB SSD into my wife's system, so it'll be nice to have a basis of comparison. I'm guessing they'll both be equally fast with typical home use activities.

I noticed no difference going from the 830 to the M4.

There may be a difference on spec sheets, but it isn't a big enough difference to make a difference in use IMO.

Buy whatever's cheapest.

I noticed no difference going from the 830 to the M4.

There may be a difference on spec sheets, but it isn't a big enough difference to make a difference in use IMO.

Buy whatever's cheapest.

I'll clarify a bit so others know what you mean:

Buy whichever *good* SSD is cheapest. The only ones I'd consider would be the Samsung 830, Crucial M4, and Plextor M3. Maybe the non-Sandforce Corsair, but still not sure on that one, and they're far from being a price leader.

I'll clarify a bit so others know what you mean:

Buy whichever *good* SSD is cheapest. The only ones I'd consider would be the Samsung 830, Crucial M4, and Plextor M3. Maybe the non-Sandforce Corsair, but still not sure on that one, and they're far from being a price leader.

Curious why Intel isn't on your list... Too expensive?

Curious why Intel isn't on your list... Too expensive?

Yes, exactly. Build like tanks and probably the best of the best for reliability. However, they need to re-assess their price points to become a considerations for myself and lots of others, imo.

Sandisk Exteme 120gb for $147 or Samsung 830 for $152 (after tax)..decisions...

code looks to be dead for the Samsung

"The promo code SAMPR4 has been closed and is no longer active" :confused:

Well shoot, looks like this one may be officially over with, now. It is noon PST right now, so I'm assumming the code was good until then.

I'll periodically check over the next couple hours, and if it doesn't go active again, I'll lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back