Samsung 8GB (2x 4GB) 1600 - $38.24

cortexodus

[H]ard|Gawd
Seems like everyone really likes these modules.

With promo code EMCNANC48 they come down to a very nice price imo :D I went ahead and slurped up two of these kits for some upcoming builds.

If you search the memory section/google there should be a thread or a couple on these sticks.

I recall people getting 2133mhz at low volts and timings.

how are these for overclocking on sandybridge?

They overclock well up to about 2133. I couldn't hit 2400, wouldn't post on my system in my sig. But with an 8gb kit, they ran about 2133 9-10-9-27@~1.5125v, if I recall correctly. With 2 8gb kits, they are comfortably running at 1866 [email protected], can't remember exactly from memory. I've been running my first kit for quite a while not without any issues to speak of.

I'd definitely recommend these as they are a great option if you don't care about lack of fancy heatspreaders.

These are great, picked up 8GB on neweggs last sale.

Running 1600 @ 8-8-8-22-30 1T 1.4v (probably doesn't need the voltage bump). no problem on my AM3+ rig and was the least of my worries while getting to stable overclock.

I'd grab another set if I really needed 16GB.

Got a used set for $30 today, think Im going to pick up three more to max out an X79.

Have you guys heard anything about the 20nm Green RAM? I would imagine that it will be even better than this. So I'm thinking either I get some of this or wait for the 20nm to come out.

But this is a great deal, thank you for posting it OP.

Id image 20nm is still a ways off, since most of the DDR3 right now is HCH9 and BFR/CFR.

Have you guys heard anything about the 20nm Green RAM? I would imagine that it will be even better than this. So I'm thinking either I get some of this or wait for the 20nm to come out.

But this is a great deal, thank you for posting it OP.

If these are any indication of how well the 20nm DIMMS will perform, I'd wait. :D

Back