Sanctum - FPS Tower Defense?!

Spare-Flair

Supreme [H]ardness
Aside from space sims, these are arguably my two favorite genres. Is anybody else interested in this game? I'm tempted to preorder as it's only $13.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/91600/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/04/12/sanctum-impressions/

My only concern is for the amount of gameplay and if the multiplayer will be well populated. I arguably bought Starcraft 2 ONLY for the tower defense games as I was used to the WC3 tradition of tons of people playing the latest game but have sadly found very few players playing defense games in SC2 when I want to play.

Interesting... Have you looked at Iron Grip: Warlord? I think it's a good mix between FPS and tower defense. You can switch between rts and fps views at will. Enemies attack your central command building but they'll also shoot at you.

I like how you can build walls in this game though, and the graphics are way better.

I was thinking about making a thread asking about this game as well. More so for me out of interest of FPS games that combine with building/strategy.

I've been playing it since it came out yesterday and I think it's really fun! If anyone Steam wants to add me so we can get some co-op matches going, my steam username is GishForever

Whats the community size like at this point? For instance in terms of convenience in finding games?

I don't know if this has been released, but this mod won UT3 mod of the year a while back (I think), and you can probably find a beta verison of the mod on MODDB, if you want to try it out.
I recall it being quite fun, albeit hard.

That actually looks pretty cool... I've wasted so much time on WC3 tower defenses back in the day it's disgusting. Might have to pick it up.

I liked tower defense on Star Craft 2 but as a FPS, it looks like a lot of fun. I was going to post a topic on this as well.

Interesting spin-off of this could be to put a large team of players on a platform(or more) on a conveyer belt, possibly with some barriers, and let a smaller opposing team pick them off.

the Yogscast seemed to enjoy it alot, I wouldnt have a problem at all paying for that game, if I didnt have a giant backlog to play through at the moment

I was talking to a buddy last night about it. Looks really cool. Think I convinced him to get it so we can co-op.

I have played it since beta, they fixed a ton of bugs in beta. It's a fun game, I have not tried multi since beta, but it looks to me like you still have to configure your router to play with friends. There is only a 2player multi, with 4player going to be patched in. It is good for a couple playthroughs on your own, but is real fun on multi, can get difficult with both people building and upgrading their weapons. I personally think it is worth about $10 for the game, but since my brother and I got the 2 pack for $20, I can't complain.

Back