SanDisk 120gb SSD - $120 shipped!

it's slightly slower, but as with any SSDs, you are not really going to notice any difference from normal use.

The sandisk is slower than the one I linked in my post earlier? Strange the corsair on newegg was 154 now it is upped to 180...

For the money(I got it at the original $120) I think this drive is hard to beat,especially at random 4k and 4k QD32,which as far as I can understand is where most users will notice the biggest difference over a platter drive.

I just ran crystal disk mark and pulled 215/115 read/write and 119/108 at QD32.

So far not one issue with this drive at all,no bsod's,no stuttering or anything.I had reservations about picking up a SSD let alone one with a sandforce controller,but it has been rock solid stable.

I did have some trouble setting ahci but that was on me.

At that price i say better to pay a few bucks extra for sata III.
. More future proof.

Odd whats the diff between sata 2 and 3? I never noticed that. Ive been out the loop on PC stuff for a long time now. Im still running 7200 HDD...

This is a good drive. You wouldn't notice ANY difference if this drive was sata 3. In fact, you won't notice any real world usability differences between sata 2 and sata 3 for 99% of user workloads.
I got one for $135 and am EXTREMELY happy with it. No problems at all.

Is this the best priced drive out there as far as 120gb SSD drive? Or is there something at this same price?

I ordered one, but a warning for everybody: Buy.com adds a "free" subscription to some CA Online backup service to your cart. Change your order and remove it, otherwise it will automatically start billing your card for this service once the "free" period has elapsed (very annoying; if I hadn't noticed the header message about the "autorenewal service" on the "subscription I was buying", I wouldn't have realized what was going on).

Also: you have to select the "5-8 business day" shipping option for the free shipping, otherwise it automatically sets you up for the $4.99 shipping option; very annoying.

guys newegg has it was 10 bux more. Newegg is prob more reliable...?
Is this the best priced drive out there as far as 120gb SSD drive? Or is there something at this same price?

This is a good drive. You wouldn't notice ANY difference if this drive was sata 3. In fact, you won't notice any real world usability differences between sata 2 and sata 3 for 99% of user workloads.
I got one for $135 and am EXTREMELY happy with it. No problems at all.

This. Even a "slow" SSD is pretty comparable during normal workloads to the fastest... the major benefit of SSD is the sub-0.1ms access times compared to HDD with 7-13ms+ times. By the time you're to the speed of this deal's drive, the difference is miniscule for virtually everyone as you said... and no, people, having SATA3 doesn't magically make the drive faster, just as a hypothetical PCI-E 2.0 x32 wouldn't make an x16 video card run any faster ;). It's just the bandwidth potential, nothing more.

guys newegg has it was 10 bux more. Newegg is prob more reliable...?

If you are needing an SSD, it's one of the best deals going at this time :).

What about when black friday comes in nov??

I don't know if you've been following the news or not, but they had a massive flood in Thailand which is leading to higher prices with platter drives. SSDs should not be affected but what price pressure there is from conventional drives is going away soon. I think SSD prices will stay the same or even go up if they're given wiggle room.

What about when black friday comes in nov??

Meh, Black Friday is usually pointless anyway.

Big ads, lots of buzz, for there being only two pieces of each advertised item at the price advertised. If you aren't at the front of the line, or click just at midnight, no deals for you.

The use the lost leaders (ads for these 2 items at the advertised price) to draw people in, so that they are irrational and buy other things they otherwise wouldn't thinking they are getting a good deal.

I haven't done black Friday specials since I was a teenager for this reason.

Zarathustra[H];1037935017 said:

Big ads, lots of buzz, for there being only two pieces of each advertised item at the price advertised. If you aren't at the front of the line, or click just at midnight, no deals for you.

The use the lost leaders (ads for these 2 items at the advertised price) to draw people in, so that they are irrational and buy other things they otherwise wouldn't thinking they are getting a good deal.

I haven't done the camping in line since I was in college...but that's no reason to ignore BF. Just shop smarter. Buy from stores with a price guarantee policy before BF then go back the day of the sale to price match. Did this last year with a few of the $275(?) 40" TV's from Target, some hard drives, and a jacket. Didn't have to get up before noon on friday. The deals weren't quite as good as I've gotten at other times (sales just aren't as good as the early '00s), but the whole experience was far more civilized. One last tip, whatever you do BF don't go to walmart, I don't care how good the sales are, dealing with those nuts isn't worth it.

I'm with you, I never see any good deals on Black Friday or at any time around the holidays.

Most of the best deals that I've gotten are at random times during the year.

So are you guys going with this deal or are there better deals around the corner? Im still on 7200 rpm drives but I dont reallly realllly need a SSD yet.

Thats a killer deal, I would consider it. I thought about picking one up for my old laptop but I don't need a drive that large.

my general rule of thumb now is to stay away from anything OCZ,just look at those reviews,their drives can have some terrible issues.

if you really want a SSD grab the sandisk,much better and way more reliable,I have had mine over a month now and not one issue,its just a solid piece of hardware.

Stweie u got this same one? Im having strange lag issues on my PC. Im not sure where its coming from. I did a fresh install of win 7, checked out my OC status ect and its still happening. Others told me its the hdd but I dont remember my old PC doing this. (Old being my opteron 170 @ 2.8. I have quadcore I5 [email protected], Gskill 2X2, win home prem 7, evga GTX 465. I have regular sata hdd720, I did defrag and used adaware scan fine there

Im mainly looking into SSD bc my system is a bit laggy, not sure why...I have 2 old 7200 HDD 80 gigs a piece.

I pulled the trigger (Newegg) to update my laptop when i get home from Iraq soon :D goodbye 5400 RPM

I wouldn't touch and old school Vertex indulux (or however its spelled) with a ten foot pole.

well,I see no reason for you to not upgrade,the speed boost would be amazing and you would end up with more storage as well,I would say go for it if you have the SATA ports.

I'm just curious, with a drive this small, I'm not sure if it would be worth it for me. What do you guys actually put on these? For instance, my Steam account is roughly around 80GB (and that's with half of the games installed) so I am not sure if I should prioritize? How does everyone else figure out what to put on these drives and what to put on storage?

I'm just curious, with a drive this small, I'm not sure if it would be worth it for me. What do you guys actually put on these? For instance, my Steam account is roughly around 80GB (and that's with half of the games installed) so I am not sure if I should prioritize? How does everyone else figure out what to put on these drives and what to put on storage?

You would typically put your OS and standard programs on the SSD (Office, Adobe, etc). Then put pictures, music, movies, and Steam Games on a second hard drive. According to your sig, it looks like you are using a laptop. Not sure if that particular model laptop can hold a 2nd hard drive, but if it does, then you can do this.

Ah I see. I'm pretty sure the model has a 2nd hard drive bay -- going to look it up one final time then make my decision. Thanks for the response.

That's because you are going to the store. There were a lot of crazy good deals online last year for monitors, cases ect.

You would typically put your OS and standard programs on the SSD (Office, Adobe, etc). Then put pictures, music, movies, and Steam Games on a second hard drive. According to your sig, it looks like you are using a laptop. Not sure if that particular model laptop can hold a 2nd hard drive, but if it does, then you can do this.

easy solution that im doing is this and put the internal drive in it. looks like i saved $20 :)

I like to have my games on the drive I have a 120GB in most of my computers I just install what I am currently playing. However in the HTPC people come over and play almost anything so I am running out of space. One option can be just to not install anything on your SSD and if you have a z68 system let intels SSD caching decide what to put on there.

Back