Seagate 400GB SataII 7200.9 (possibly 7200.10) $129 shipped @ frys

CyberDeus-RagDoll

[H]ard|Gawd
http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4799749

Not as good, mind you, as when it was $99.. but still quite good considering the 5 year warranty, and the fact that these have been arriving as 7200.10s instead of 7200.9s as the part # would reflect.

I do not believe the 7200.9's offer perpendicular recording.. so something is conflicty in the description.

# Serial ATA (SATA/300) Interface
# Perpendicular Recording
# Barracuda 7200.9 Series
# 7200 RPM
# 16MB Buffer
# Retail Boxed Hard Drive (Installation Kit Included)
# 5 Year Warranty

or PATA for $119.99

300 GB Pata, $79.99

Does Fry's / Outpost package their drives for shipping well?

mikeblas said:
Does Fry's / Outpost package their drives for shipping well?

The retail boxed ones come pretty well packed in my expereince.

fyi: I ordered one a few weeks back when they were down to $100 a pop. It was a 7200.10, and everyone else that posted in the topic that got one also reciebed 7200.10 drives.

Oooska said:
fyi: I ordered one a few weeks back when they were down to $100 a pop. It was a 7200.10, and everyone else that posted in the topic that got one also reciebed 7200.10 drives.

I think one unlucky person got a 7200.9. I bought 2 on different days and both were 7200.10.

KENNYB said:
I think one unlucky person got a 7200.9. I bought 2 on different days and both were 7200.10.

My order of 4 were .9s... As for the packaging... I got 4 retail boxes all fitting into a main box that looks like it was built to hold them all (ie. no packing material around the retail boxes). It's okay though, for $100 each I can't complain much ;)

Also, RE: .9 vs. .10.
.9s are the NCQ drives, .10s boast perpendicular recording. both are 16mb cache.

Oooska said:

I believe I said this in the original post.

me said:
Not as good, mind you, as when it was $99.. but still quite good considering the 5 year warranty, and the fact that these have been arriving as 7200.10s instead of 7200.9s as the part # would reflect.

Yep.

frys1.jpg

Yeah, I was one of the unlucky ones :(

Still a good price, even if you do end up with a .9

Mine was just going as a storage drive for a HTPC, so the performance benefits of a .10 over the .9 wasn't a big enough issue for me to be too unhappy.

farscapesg1 said:
Yeah, I was one of the unlucky ones :(

Still a good price, even if you do end up with a .9

Mine was just going as a storage drive for a HTPC, so the performance benefits of a .10 over the .9 wasn't a big enough issue for me to be too unhappy.

I just picked up 4 of the patas for my HTPC, even @ 119. 1.2 TB of PVR'ing is gooooood

Just a reminder regarding ordering from Fry's...

If you choose initially choose ground shipping WHEN YOU GET TO THE CONFIRMATION STEP IT WILL HAVE CHANGED TO 2 DAY.

There are links to change the shipping option back to ground or up to next day from there. If you want free shipping ensure you change it back to ground.

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up ;)

Back