Sennheiser Px200 ?

jcmuse

Limp Gawd
i'm looking at this pair for comfort listening like for games and travel.
they're $47 shipped @ amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Co...9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1194417395&sr=1-1

reviews seem pretty good. I have hd580s that i use for music but they're too heavy for gaming and travel imo. I really like the bose quiet comforts for their comfort, but the audio quality is garbage (also they're built pretty flimsy). I'm hoping the px200s can provide similar comfort and better audio. hoping someone who has them can chime in. also, i have shure e4s that i use for my ipod but i find i don't like their accuracy for stuff like games and movies on my laptop.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
While most people consider the px200 to be inferior to the px100 thats usually the case when comparing closed headphones to open headphones. I owned both models and used them in different situations. If I was going out somewhere where there was alot of outside background noise the px200 was great for keep that out while the px100 wouldn't have done much without blasting the sound all the way up. When I was at home I used the px100 since i wouldn't have to worry about outside noise etc.. Both headphones were great albeit the px100 were a bit more clearer and had better bass response but not enough for me to use them over the px200 while I was out and about. I would say that the px200 would be a good compromise over the px100 if you weren't into the market of buying 2 pairs of headphones for portable use.

http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&bc

Select a model that suits you and go from there. I have had Sportapros forever and they are tiny with great sound. The larger over the ear like the R80 looks great and I know that the R40 is a good can. Can't go wrong with Koss nowadays. Cheap, good sound and a lifetime no bs warranty.

alright but what about comfort. I must emphasize that this is my main concern.

Comfort is surprisingly good considering the pads are made from pleather and rest directly on your ears.

PX200s > Sportacraps. ;)

I was not inferring that he get those. Merely that my sportapros are throwaway cheap and sound ok for that lol. I do like the SB40 I have though. Just thought that Koss should be thrown in this one is all. I like the SB40s that I have. Surprising sound for the $$ and considering it is a gaming headset lol.

:p

i thought the px200 was an enclosed deal?

They are closed headphones but they do not fit around your ears, they fit on your ears.
(some people have a hard time getting them to seal which is why you occasionally read comments about poor bass response)

Check the pictures @ Headroom

http://www.headphone.com/productPhotos.php?icn=0020080020

Just thought that Koss should be thrown in this one is all.
Thown out of this one is more like it. :D

Don't you know that Sennheiser pwns Koss? Nub! :p

wow thanks i thought enclosed meant they fit over ears--i think i'd prefer over the ears.
i made a post at headfi to see what they think.

Back