Share Play from Sony , what a failure already.

Winning a war suggests it is over which I don't think is the case here.

Winning a war suggests it is over which I don't think is the case here.

Winning console wars is usually determined by who sold the most and surprisingly I'm comfortable saying the Wii won last gen (unless either other platform eventually overtakes it which they probably won't)

There is almost no chance of the Xbox One overtaking the PS4 worldwide. They could eventually comeback in North America, Australia and the UK but they have a fairly steep climb to get there.

Iirc they are 700k behind in North America alone.

I think the more appropriate name would be console battle. You only lose once your out, ala Sega, Atari, etc...

Besides, I don't really care how bad a console is doing in worldwide sales. What matters is am I enjoying it and are my friends enjoying it. The Wii U is providing a fine family gaming machine, the PC is my current favorite, the X1 is mine and my friends current favorite, and the PS4 just sits doing nothing. The PS3 gets more use than the PS4 in my home.

In time the PS4 has a few more games I'm looking forward to but right now Sony isn't really pushing the boundaries to set them apart. They think just because they won the marketing campaign in the beginning they can continue and just sit still it seems. Pretty sure that is going to come back and bite them in the ass. But who knows. Most gamers are easily led and will probably remain content to chant the Sony mantra this generation.

What were software sales like for the last gen for the wii/xbox360/ps3?

A bunch of people fell for Sony's marketing and jumped on board the hate wagon of the X1.

People rejected the Xbox One because of the horrible policies MS wanted to force on customers, their lies, and the condescending attitude. It was also an overpriced inferior console. It's all Microsoft's fault, not Sony's. No marketing is that good.

People rejected the Xbox One because of the horrible policies MS wanted to force on customers, their lies, and the condescending attitude. It was also an overpriced inferior console. It's all Microsoft's fault, not Sony's. No marketing is that good.

td9.gif

What were software sales like for the last gen for the wii/xbox360/ps3?

Its the first year of both consoles being released. I think in 3-5 years it would be best to make a stronger possibly final thought on who ends up being crowned the king. The 360 had the lead for a very long time last gen but things could change and it could level out in another year. Shit if you went by last gen then the Wii dominated both consoles handily. It had the number 1 game in terms of sales and over 100 million consoles sold. But obviously there is no chance in hell of the Wii-U seeing that. So just because something worked last gen doesn't mean it will this time around.

People can all all the shots they want on NPD numbers and console numbers but its way to early to declare anything. Sony has a healthy lead but Sony also loves to blow off its own feet with its own shotgun from time to time with many examples to reference.

If Microsoft should be thankful for anything its Phil. Phil is a PR mastermind , he gets what needs to be done and he can handle the media and he's got Major Nelson as his little cheerleader and the community seems to respect Nelson. As long as he stays in play the Xbox one despite its weaker hardware will do just fine.

I'm not arguing if the Xbox one is good or not. I quite enjoy the console for what it is and have taken advantage of EA Access as well as Netflix. But Sony has the lead this gen and I really fail to see how Microsoft can catch up when they historically sell worse in other countries compared to Sony.

I find it funny that even on here, where the majority of Users use steam to a large extent were still rejecting what Microsoft proposed, which in all actuality was extremely similar to steam

I have game share access enabled with my brother's Xbox One account and we can share our ENTIRE libraries with each other.
You can do that on PS4 as well, so not sure why you are comparing this to Share Play which is a different thing all together.

Comparing this to Game Sharing on Xbox One like the OP did is mighty stupid. He went into detail for a whole paragraph for whatever reason. I guess he doesn't know that two people with PS4's can do the exact same thing.
+1, Share Play was announced at the first unveiling of PS4 and was one of those extra little features to let a friend jump in to a game you were playing. Not sure what all the fuss is about, but I guess ignorance can do that to a man.

Its a 60 minute shot of any game but once that ends you have to restart it.
The game doesn't restart, the Share Play session simply ends. They probably did this thinking folks might leave it going unattended. You can simply re-invite the friend to continue playing. You can save your game, of course, it's just saving on the host account, not the client. This is all simple stuff... or am I wrong guys?

The game doesn't restart, the Share Play session simply ends. They probably did this thinking folks might leave it going unattended. You can simply re-invite the friend to continue playing. You can save your game, of course, it's just saving on the host account, not the client. This is all simple stuff... or am I wrong guys?

Shouldnt be an issue, there are better ways to do timeouts so i don't but this

I don't mean it is a technical issue, but in the spirit of it being a co-op experience it makes sense to not let the host player just vanish for days at a time while the client continues playing. If they want to demo it alone like that, then download it... they have that option too.

I don't mean it is a technical issue, but in the spirit of it being a co-op experience it makes sense to not let the host player just vanish for days at a time while the client continues playing. If they want to demo it alone like that, then download it... they have that option too.

That still shouldn't be an issue, Timeout the host in that case. You can very easily look at the inputs to the host machine alone to tell whether or not a player is there actively. Its a pretty boneheaded limitation much like the no PUGs in destiny, theres no need for it

I still don't get why Sony hasn't patched 3d Bluray ability yet and it was a launch feature....

I still don't get why Sony hasn't patched 3d Bluray ability yet and it was a launch feature....

They did 3d bluray was added in

About PlayStation®4 system software update version 1.75

PS4™ system software version 1.75 was released on July 29, 2014. This version adds or updates the following features.

Main features in system software update 1.75
Playback of Blu-ray 3D™ is now supported.
Sound quality has been improved during 1.5x playback with Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD videos.
System messages previously displayed on the top-right corner of the screen are now displayed on the top-left corner of the screen.
[Featured Content] has been added to Settings (Settings) > [System] > [Automatic Downloads and Uploads]. When this setting is enabled, featured content from the PlayStation®Store is automatically downloaded while the PS4™ system is either powered on or in standby mode. To download while in standby mode, go to Settings (Settings) > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Standby Mode], and then turn on [Connect to the Internet].

"Blu-ray Disc™", "Blu-ray™" and "Blu-ray 3D™" are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association

You can do that on PS4 as well, so not sure why you are comparing this to Share Play which is a different thing all together.

Except if you read my reply to next-Jin you actually can't do that with someone in a different region. Only with people in your region. I know because I tried it with two different people.

Xbox One doesn't care what region you are in (well minus China , but that's their issue).

Except if you read my reply to next-Jin you actually can't do that with someone in a different region. Only with people in your region. I know because I tried it with two different people.

Xbox One doesn't care what region you are in (well minus China , but that's their issue).

I have not read of any policy that limits the use of Game Sharing on the PS4.

Not that it should matter as you're still comparing the two as if it sucks because you'd have to stream games from 5 thousand miles away to try and emulate it when that's not what it's for.

How exactly did you and your friends try to setup Game sharing on your consoles?

I wouldn't imagine it's any different than mine and I have since been fine after just using the normal connection as opposed to VPN. The only thing I didn't change was that both our accounts are US accounts.

(Netflix is hosed if I keep it that way though)

I'm not saying your lying or anything, just saying your dead set to compare different things when in the worst case scenario one systems game sharing has another limitation to it that affects all of .1% of the client base.

Last edited:
Back