Shark 1200w PSU, anyone used them?

Now, I'm not sure if this is accurate as I only glanced at newegg, but let's say a decent 1200 Watt PSU will cost you ~$200 - $250. Now, you're asking us if a $69 1200 Watt PSU from ebay is a good idea? I would take any claims made about the PSU with a huge grain of salt. I think if you get it, you'll be seeing more magic smoke, possibly instantly.

no way it puts out 1200watts.

Also $43 shipping makes it not even worth trying imho.

I kinda wanna see someone put it on a load tester and see what kind of fireworks you get. Bright Red Flameouts? Or Pretty Blue Sparkles?

Somebody said a long time ago about PSUs: "If it has an animal in the name, stay away!"

Sure he was refering to Deer, Eagle, Fox, ect. but it's still surprisingly pretty accurate.

Shipping:

US $42.88
(approx. C $42.56) USPS Priority Mail International See more services

See all shipping details
International items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges.

Delivery:

Varies for items shipped from an international location
Seller ships within 2 days after receiving cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab.

Please allow additional time if international delivery is subject to customs processing.

Returns:

30 day money back, buyer pays return shipping | Read return policy details

Such a deal....

It only has 4 6 pin connectors, that would be my first hint right there.

You should ask Jonnyguru to do a review of it. Would be great to see which low tier 600w rebadge this is, and then to see how many tests it will pass before the magic smoke appears...

Back