Should I get WXGA or SXGA for my Dell E1505?

Saint

Limp Gawd
I have no idea what the difference between the two are but I know SXGA is another $80. So I guess that means it is better. I don't want the icons and stuff on my screen to have such a high resolution that I can barley see them though. Which one should I get?

It's not the easiest place to find, but click the 'help me choose link' and select the details tab.

WXGA is 1280x800, WSXGA is 1680x1050.

With the lowerend GPU, I suspect for gaming you'd have much better results with the 1280x800 display.

It's not the easiest place to find, but click the 'help me choose link' and select the details tab.

WXGA is 1280x800, WSXGA is 1680x1050.

With the lowerend GPU, I suspect for gaming you'd have much better results with the 1280x800 display.

Exactly :)

If you game the lower res would be good as it puts less strain on the card. That still is a very good res though so its not like you are left in the dust :)

Well I don't really plan on using it for gaming. I just want to know if WSXGA is to small for a 15.4 inch monitor.

I use WUXGA (1920 x 1200 ) on my 15.4 inch, and its fine. I'm young though, and my near vision is good.

For gaming the WXGA is going to be sufficient. even at the top of the line vid cards for notebooks have a hard time pushing enough frame rates above this. WSXGA and UXGA have increasingly more pixels respectively.
Now for buisness use the extra pixels will come in handy in several situations. You can place almost two text docs side by side on sxga and a full 2 pages on uxga. also if you use the webcam for teleconferencing it will be very useful to be able to have your teleconference up as well as you text doc that you are discussing available at the same time, makes you look a little more professional as well as saving time.

Well I wear glasses but it for seeing far. So my eyes are not that bad for viewing things close up. I am just worried that 1680x1080 is going to be too small.

Back