Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

You're using your student loans to pay for this?

Oh god..

As long as the student loans are subsidized (meaning no interest until 6 months after college), then he's ok. But if they're unsubsidized loans, it could add up to a lot of money.

As long as the loans are from the govt and not from a financial institution, then it's not too much to worry about.

As long as the student loans are subsidized (meaning no interest until 6 months after college), then he's ok. But if they're unsubsidized loans, it could add up to a lot of money.

As long as the loans are from the govt and not from a financial institution, then it's not too much to worry about.

Even unsubbed loans aren't the end of the world--you can pay off the interest and deduct it on your taxes since student loans are tax deductable. . .

I wish my student loan was that big! After accomodation fees, bills, food, etc. I was left with less than £250 a term to play with!

lol... :p being from the uk, i got £2200 loan, plus £2000 grant as i'm studenting an HND in Illustration.. the loan is not from the bank, its from the student fund org. which has no interest added. i dont have to pay it back until i earn around £12,000 a yr, and even at that, it gets taking out like tax or NI. I basically used that dosh to build my computer and kit out my work space as i felt i needed it for my course. Plus I dont smoke or drink, which always helps.. Also, da misses lives with me and she has a little income that helps us out..:rolleyes:

@matrix563, i got the desk from a UK store called Argos... here it is in 3 different styles

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...el=1&sort_field=Highest price&info_catcount=3

it comes with the side shelves for paper etc, and a shelve for my scanner and another for a case tower.. I use the case tower shelve for my sub, as i like the inside of my case to be on display.

@TridenT_Boy3555, she is smoking, aint she... thats my photography... :D

On day 4 and this thing is great!

The lady's like a man with a big one! :p

533581542_d0298ddfae.jpg

Posted in another forum, but appreciated more here.
I love the male/female ratio... especially when they look like that!

Don't believe I have posted this yet, but I have finally managed to get a hi-def setup with this Toshiba 37"

Although I must say I am sorely dissapointed in that as it turns out most movies are still to wide even for a wide-screen so those black bars remain :( which is something I didn't know about until I watched a couple of wide movies

What resolution is your desktop working on for the Toshiba there? that's a 1366x768 ? not 1080p correct?

my latest build...
GFVI046.jpg

Silverstone Lascala LC03 HTPC case, Abit AN8 mobo, AMD FX-55 processor, 2GB ddr400, WD Raptor 74GB, EVGA 7950GX2, I need to get a new sound card like maybe a Creative X-FI with the front panel..
The TV is a Toshiba 62HM195 62" DLP 1080p

my latest build...
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/onlyspfc/GFVI046.jpg
Silverstone Lascala LC03 HTPC case, Abit AN8 mobo, AMD FX-55 processor, 2GB ddr400, WD Raptor 74GB, EVGA 7950GX2, I need to get a new sound card like maybe a Creative X-FI with the front panel..

Nice, huge screen....sorry about your penis. ;)

I kid I kid.....I bet games are killer on that thing.....and reading text :rolleyes:

my latest build...
GFVI046.jpg

this belongs in teh lcd set up thread because? it might be up for consideration if it was an lcd rear projection, but dlp?...

Don't know where else to post this lol...But since everyone views this topic I might as well ask what glass type desk you could recommend? I really like the one that camper has. Really nice, but no pull out keyboard thing. That is a real bummer.

Don't know where else to post this lol...But since everyone views this topic I might as well ask what glass type desk you could recommend? I really like the one that camper has. Really nice, but no pull out keyboard thing. That is a real bummer.

Well i was gonna buy this one

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...01&langId=-1&catalogId=10651&productId=701216

As it looks like one sweet computer desk :cool: but i choose my one as it was the same style as the rest of my setup.

Hi, yeah it is a 30" with two 2405FP screens on the side.

You are correct about not being married, I have a girlfriend though ;)

Very nice setup ID64. Still rockin the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra's I see. They're great, it's just too bad Klipsch doesn't make them anymore. I'll be keeping mine till they bite the dust. It's been 4+ years and the speakers are still going strong.

Very nice setup ID64. Still rockin the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra's I see. They're great, it's just too bad Klipsch doesn't make them anymore. I'll be keeping mine till they bite the dust. It's been 4+ years and the speakers are still going strong.

Yeah. I love them. I have them for almost 4 years as well.

Cool BENQ monitor, ID64! I've never seen that model before. What kinda mouse is that?

I love how that has become a repeated statement around here!

subs do belong on the floor though!

why waste valuable desk space when a sub is designed to sit on the floor and will probably sound better there.

As I said it looks nice there BUT if there is a problem of interference or static between the sub and LCD I will put it on the floor.
I dont know of any problem with subs and LCD monitors together, if theres any?

As I said it looks nice there BUT if there is a problem of interference or static between the sub and LCD I will put it on the floor.
I dont know of any problem with subs and LCD monitors together, if theres any?

Nope subs/speakers are fine by LCD's however don't put Subs near your case, that causes HDD issues, bad ones.

Back