Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

wtf no, it's shaped more like a triangle. It was cornered in the wall like that but I needed a change.

square table. XD

j5h450.jpg

I apologize for the crappy image quality...I used a cell phone D:

Why do people bother spending money on a 5.1 set up then go ahead and place the rear speakers right beside the front speakers?

All you have to do is run the cables round your room and place them on the wall behind you. Don't need alot of space for that.

I have "the wall" to far away. And I don't know where to purchase speaker tripod or what you call it.

Buy cable extensions. I had to buy a few to fit my rear speakers behind me. Why buy 5.1 if you aint gonna set them up right? Could of got yourself a better sounding 2.1 set instead.

When I bought my Logitech Z5500's, I made sure it was the version that used regular speaker cable and not RCA cables like they originally had. So now since I don't really have a use, I use that same system to bi-amp a better pair of tower speakers. Sounds pretty damn good considering that I only had to upgrade the actual speakers.

People bought 5.1 and claimed don't have room for them are bs. Speakers doesn't take up that much space, my room is pretty small and I was able to set them up. I think having a 5.1 on your desk just look stupid.

My rig that I've had for some time now. Only thing new is the monitor that I just got in the mail a few days ago-the E2200HD. It's not too small of a screen and it's not too big. It's perfect. :)

computer4.jpg

Also, it's not an LCD (it's a plasma), but still ;).....

tv5.jpg

Hey, Sollos. Do you have that computer desk in a corner of your room to the right? It looks like we have the exact same setup because both of our desks barely fit and it looks like the same size desk and same size area.

Hey, Sollos. Do you have that computer desk in a corner of your room to the right? It looks like we have the exact same setup because both of our desks barely fit and it looks like the same size desk and same size area.

Yea, its a pretty small room with a small cutout for a desk to the right, the closet space is to the left of the desk taking the other half of the room. The whole thing is maybe 10x10. And yea, my desk barely squeezes into the space. Its actually a perfect fit.

holy crap 2x 37" westys!? I think your the first guy that has that kind of setup

They cost so much he didnt have enough money for a new printer. :p
But seriously I think you're sitting way too close to them.

He needs to get rid of those tables. The one with the monitors is bowing in because of the weight.

He needs to get rid of those tables. The one with the monitors is bowing in because of the weight.

No they are not I could stand on the desk and they would not budge the table I bought for them is some office grade shit its so heavy I cant even lift it myself. This table could support easily 600 lbs on it and not blink. Side table is just a crap table for my extra stuff since I could'nt find a suitable conference table to hold everything.

The distance I sit from it is just fine the left westy I have had for a almost 2 years now originally paid $1210 for it and got my other one recently for $585 with the buy.com deal.

When it came time to get the other it was either get a 24" or just pay a lil more and get another 37". Kinda turns into a no brainer on that decision.

Monitors play out like other things once you get something bigger you never go back smaller.

What the hell do you do with 2x37 inch westinghouses??

I actually work from home and do alot of remote work with alot of documents open at once. Actually so far instead of tabbing thru 20-30 things on two of these beasts has become alot more work productive instead of working off one screen.

Plus gaming on one monitor and having other things up and PIP for cable tv on the other monitor is really nice also.

I actually work from home and do alot of remote work with alot of documents open at once. Actually so far instead of tabbing thru 20-30 things on two of these beasts has become alot more work productive instead of working off one screen.

Plus gaming on one monitor and having other things up and PIP for cable tv on the other monitor is really nice also.

Nice setup and I agree with the other poster that it seems a bit over kill ;) But if you got the money go for it. How is the resolution on the 37" Westy using full-time as a computer monitor? Is it bearable viewing for 8+ hours?

All you need now is a 3rd 37 inch westy and a new deeper desk that's 72 or 80" long at least.

Nice setup and I agree with the other poster that it seems a bit over kill ;) But if you got the money go for it. How is the resolution on the 37" Westy using full-time as a computer monitor? Is it bearable viewing for 8+ hours?

Played the hell outta wow for about 10 months straight several hours a day without issue. Handles anything you throw at it 1920x1080 flawlessly just need the system behind it. Playing Call of Duty World at War now on it getting the game next week and can run everything maxed out with acceptable frame rates with my GTX280 I just installed yesterday.

8800 ultra held me over with these monitors the past few months I just needed some more power. I have several friends that jumped onto the buy.com deal once they seen them up front. Being able to have two 37's at the price of less than 1 dell 30" cant really be beat unless you just got the deep pockets to have a system to power a dell 30" to full potential.

4,147,200 pixels: check.

$10 tables: check.

Priorities :cool::cool::cool:

The side table is a piece of shit, I know that. Later on either ill get a desk that meets what im willing to pay to hold everything but the room I'm using has its constraints also based on the doors in the room. If space was a non issue I would just have a 12' conference table for everything setup and about 40" depth on it.

Back