Sigmatel 97XX C-Major Windows 7 Driver Needed

fusionrs

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm trying to the above sound driver find a Windows 7 32-bit driver for a Dimension 3100.

I've used the Windows Vista driver but it didn't work.

The driver apparently installs fine and it shows up as installed in device manager...

There however is NO sound output. Ideas? I've tried the Vista drivers on support.dell.com of course...

I'm going to assume you hit Windows Update, correct? And iirc that Sigmatel thing will be two drivers: the Intel/Microsoft HD audio driver (like a virtual one) as well as the actual hardware driver. Those things are a bitch to get working... and I say that from firsthand experience when dealing with many Sigmatel products where I ended up having to hand-modify configuration files to get them to work on some machines.

It's easier just to go buy a real sound card sometimes, seriously. :)

If it didn't work with Windows 7 right after the installation, and also after hitting Windows Update for a potential driver, you could be out of luck unfortunately.

In the sound control panel, are your speakers enabled?

Yes, speakers are enabled. When I play music it shows the levels and everything but there is no output from the speakers (yes the speakers work and are on and plugged in correctly).

I'm going to assume you hit Windows Update, correct? And iirc that Sigmatel thing will be two drivers: the Intel/Microsoft HD audio driver (like a virtual one) as well as the actual hardware driver. Those things are a bitch to get working... and I say that from firsthand experience when dealing with many Sigmatel products where I ended up having to hand-modify configuration files to get them to work on some machines.

It's easier just to go buy a real sound card sometimes, seriously. :)

If it didn't work with Windows 7 right after the installation, and also after hitting Windows Update for a potential driver, you could be out of luck unfortunately.

I find that hard to believe. There is always a way!

Back