SLI 560ti 448 core or single 660 ti for surround view

Greg-O

Limp Gawd
Well I currently have the EVGA GeForce GTX560 Ti 448 Cores CLASSIFIED it is a great card for a single monitor setup, however I am looking to get into surround view and currently this single card cannot support surround view by itself. So my question is which would be better getting a second card and putting them in SLI or get a single new EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti, both options will achieve what I want for surround view but which option would be better for gaming in surround view?

Also if someone has a EVGA GeForce GTX560 Ti 448 Cores CLASSIFIED that they are willing to let go for a good deal PM I might be interested. :D

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
you can do either option, but my friend that i game with has sli 560s and just grabbed 3 great Benq monitors (1080p) and he can't run high graphics on BF3, he says he lowers it to medium or lower on custom configuration because it looks like (performs) trash. He's upgrading i believe to a single 680 or 660ti this weekend. If he gets a 660ti then hes most likely going to sli it just for the extra performance so he doesn't experience any dips while in game, but either card should get him what he wants with his setup.

So if you go with a 660ti because of budget then it will get the job done, but don't expect an out of this world experience lets say if you grabbed a 680. You can always SLI it also and be set for sure. As for myself? I am using crossfire 6950's and my performance blows the SLI 560s out the water lol. But i am getting SLI 660ti's in the next month or so.

I would say go with the single card for now. If they offer about the same performance, then you have just one card - less things that can fail. Besides if you decide in the future that you want to SLI, you can grab another 660 and not go through the trouble of selling your 560s before upgrading. I had a HD 6850 once. After selling it, I had enough money (adding money saved up) to buy two HD 6950 for crossfire, but instead opted for a 670 FTW for my surround with three 26 inch monitors.

I can't remember if 1280mb of ram is enough to do that sort of thing. Anyone else have more information because it seems low to me.

i would highly recommened ATLEAST two 2gb cards for nvidia surround.

i use 3 27in monitors, 5760x1080, with two 4gb 680 gtxs and playing bf3 on high/ulrta uses more than 2gbs of memory.

Back