SMP question

SatTech

2[H]4U
So, I've been running two instances of th FAH console client for a couple of weeks now on a Phenom 9850 @ 2.6 ghz (leet OC skills FTW!) and getting decent productivity. I decided to try the SMP client last night. Anyone running this on a Phenom? I'm currently crunching a 3064 and getting around 13-15 minutes/frame. All 4 cores are pegged at 100% with the 4 FAH threads bouncing between 23 and 25% of CPU usage. This is my desktop running Vista 64 Ultimate, so I'm using it for other stuff.

In anyones opinion, is it worth running this client vs. a couple of console clients?
Also, my media server (Opteron 170 w 1 gig ram) is currently running the GUI version. Anybody run the SMP on a comperable rig, and would it be worth it to change to the SMP client on that machine?

Just trying to maximize my PPD.

Thanks for any help

You could prob run 2 SMP clients on that quad to get max ppd

Also be sure to use affinity changer to maximize ppd ;)

I don't think dual-SMP works well with AMDs.

Affinity Changer definitely doesn't.

Ok, thanks for the replies. I'm going to run 1 instance of the SMP client on the Phenom system. When I get around to buying another AM2 motherboard, the Media server will get the old 5000+BE and I'll try the SMP client on that.

Ok, thanks for the replies. I'm going to run 1 instance of the SMP client on the Phenom system. When I get around to buying another AM2 motherboard, the Media server will get the old 5000+BE and I'll try the SMP client on that.

If you want to keep everything AMD thats fine, but a E4500 will do circles around a 5000+ BE any day.

Back