So is it true, the NeoHe is a failure...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
It seems like these psu's are arriving DOA, have compatability issues, and don't seem to be on par with other antec products afa quality goes. I am building rigs for 3 friends, and I have them all based around the aspire qpack, and NeoHe's should I just go with the liberty for all of our rigs?

TheBlueChanell said:
It seems like these psu's are arriving DOA, have compatability issues, and don't seem to be on par with other antec products afa quality goes. I am building rigs for 3 friends, and I have them all based around the aspire qpack, and NeoHe's should I just go with the liberty for all of our rigs?

stay farrrrrrrrrrr away from the HE's until the fix their kinks. i built my rig with an Asus A8N-SLI Premium and HE550 and it failed to work. Basically Antec said I had to flash my bios and blah blah blah....was kinda a pain in the ass to flash my bios when the PSU doesnt work with the MB (yes i know you can get someone else to do it for u or use another PSU but thats a bunch of crap...it should work right out of the box). I got rid of it and got the NeoPower 480 instead.....works great!

They're arriving DOA (other than the expected 2-3%)?

I wasn't aware of any issue beyond the A8N/HE issue.

i posted in the sticky already, but anyways i'm having lock ups (surfing,music, and games) as well with an asus k8v se deluxe socket 754 mobo (latest bios). i don't think i'm going to wait around for a fix. time for an exchange for the good ole antec truepower 2.0 430 watt.

The only consistent issue has been with Asus (A8N by far the most). AFAIK there haven't been a larger number of failures outside of people using an Asus board.

We're still working with Asus on this (previous fix/recommendation obviously is not working for everyone).

alkoholik: We can only tell you what we know. So until recently from our converstations/testing with Asus it was thought that having a 1.02 version board, or older + latest BIOS would fix any issue between the two components. Obviously that's not the case, thus why we're still working with Asus.

AntecRep said:
alkoholik: We can only tell you what we know. So until recently from our converstations/testing with Asus it was thought that having a 1.02 version board, or older + latest BIOS would fix any issue between the two components. Obviously that's not the case, thus why we're still working with Asus.

Doesnt matter to me anymore. I returned that piece and got something I knew would work. Whatever happened to a company testing their products before shipping it out to the masses? I'll upgrade my PSU when I know the HE's will work with my MB.

alkoholik said:
Doesnt matter to me anymore. I returned that piece and got something I knew would work. Whatever happened to a company testing their products before shipping it out to the masses? I'll upgrade my PSU when I know the HE's will work with my MB.

They do of course but not every board works with every PSU for a number of reasons. There was a Seasonic/DFI issue recently as well that was the result of a DFI design issue on the board. So this isn't really a new occurance.....and Antec is hardly to blame. There are specs for a reason.

Thank you for your help AntecRep and please keep us informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back