So what is the "hottest" tv as a monitor these days?

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
i dont follow displays much, but now and then hear about some great westinghouse? or some "tv" that works great as a monitor.....

i am looking for a replacement for my dell 20" as it is starting to have screen burn (one of the old models from some time ago)

so what is hot on the market these days, i was considering a 24" dell but if i have better options?

Gaming iwll occur, mainly CS:S and gothic 3 but most usage will be Inet and some work, office sweet, some photoshop stuff..

Check out this behemoth of a thread:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1088497

Other "televeision/monitors" that are pretty decently liked on these forums are as follows:

Sharp Aquos LC32D62U
Sharp Aquos LC-32GP1U "Gaming"
Westinghouse 37w3
Westinghouse 42w1
Westinghouse TX42
Westinghosue TX47

I have the Westinghouse 37w3 personally, and love it to death.

Nothing like having friends come over and go either "Wow.." or see them green with envy :D

Shall read it, what sucks for me being in costa rica is they dont have anything new here, or they charge %100 mark up on all LCD / plasma's, so ordering online sucks for me because if i do get something that has some known issue, it would cost me a fortune to send it back to the U.S. so trying to find something that has the least issues.

im rocking a phillips 1080p 42' lcd with ambilight looks small i guess but watching it is sick! and amiblight makes it look big

I ordered sharp 42d64u when they had F&F deal going on...
I haven't received it so I can't comment on quality of it.
I also donno if it will have that red text issue.
but I would assume 42 inch 1080p would be beautiful enough :D

Gaiden133;1031461377]Nothing like having friends come over and go either "Wow.." or see them green with envy :D
HAha! Good one,

I personally find it is a much better investment to buy one of these tv's then buying a lets say Dell 24inch which Isn't as big + a 600$ tv. Why not just get one big impressive tv/monitor and save the money.. And having a 32inch or 37inch is always impressive! I might be wrong but I will be the judge when I buy one of these tv's to remplace my monitor. I will basically mostly use it for final cut pro, xbox 360 and tv so will see!

Back