So what is the monitor setup to have for 2012?

Table21

Limp Gawd
I am a bit dated on my monitor knowledge right now and was wondering what is the setup to have right now. I am comming from a dell 3007 with 2 2007s on the sides. My 3007 is starting to show its age so I am looking to buy something new.

My main use for the setup for gaming but also a bit of graphics work on the side.

I guess it depends on what size screen you are looking at, but at 30" or bigger (that 32" sharp) your only option is to wait unless you want a marginal upgrade

i just preordered the 27" IPS "overclockable" Overlord Tempest 1440p monitor. Hoping I can get 100+hz refresh rate on it :)

IPS panels are pretty dam expensive. 27" LED's is what's good to get these days, notably of Acer.

I don't really have a set budget I was going to get a 3011, but i figured I would ask on here if there are any others out there that are as good or better.

i'd seriously wait until the higher res displays hit the market, you're not going to notice much difference from what you have now if you were to buy a 3011.

No point getting a new monitor now, whatever you get is only going to be a marginal improvement over your 3007.

When you say the 3007 is starting to show it's age, what do you mean by that? Is the screen getting dim on you?

ya a bit dimmer as well there are noticable streeks up the left hand side of the monitor

I'm in a similar boat. I've got a 3007 as my primary display and the power button no longer works and at certain brightness I can hear some capacitor hum.

Personally I was considering either getting two more 2560x1600 30" monitors or 3 2560 x 1440 27" ones although I hate the 16:9 ratio. For under a $1000 though the Korean monitors are a very tempting option. It seems like eyefinity/nvidia surround is the only real upgrade from the 3007 that seems worth it.

LED monitors are the only new change along with more IPS pannels out there also get one with HDMI if you want cause it's nice for console games. I don't have a IPS monitor so I wouldn't recommend one. I have a ASUS 21.5 and I got one for a backup.

Back