Something for late night listening

board2death986

[H]ard|Gawd
Basically I'm looking for a decent $100 or less pair of headphones that would work well with my home theater setup so I can listen and play at night without waking anyone. As awful as it sounds I'm currently using a pair of eDimensional PC headphones attached to a red/white cable (sorry not up on the audio cable lingo) attached to the audio output of my TV. The sound quality is equally atrocious. I'm looking to get a decent Headset that would be comfortable while lying in Bed (upward position of course) and possibly suggestions on a budget Amp to get some better sound quality. Cable run will probably be from 15-20ft from source to my listening position if that makes any difference. Some slight sound leaking is acceptable, so total noise isolation isn't completely necessary.

My suggestion is to try them without one first and get an amp if you need one. They are not all that hard to drive so unless you listen really loud then you will probably be fine.

(Almost) never assume that you need a headphone amp. Just try them. Don't waste money. Buy it if you need it.

It won't improve SQ, only headroom/max volume.

Back