something to COVER a fan hole ...

indokyne

2[H]4U
do they have off-the-shelf products to cover up a 120mm fan hole?
don't have use for a fan there and I don't want a gaping hole...

any suggestions on easy solutions?

Cardboard painted whatever color the external part of the case the hole sits on, then hot glue it in place.

Or you could use a piece of lexan or metal cut it to the proper size to cover the hole, drill holes for mounting it to the existent fan screw holes. Then either tap the holes and use machine screws to mount it if its metal, or if you are using lexan and you drilled the proper sized holes you could use the previous fan screws, which should work with most plastics.

A big ass Black Flag sticker :D

Or, you could just cut a piece of aluminum or diamond plate, using a 120mm fan as a template to cover the hole..

hmm... was just hoping there'd be something out there to just bolt on there...

i'll be cutting out some rad holes anyways, guess i could cut some scrap to cover the hole.

but I really wish there would be some kind of premade cover ...

Just make yourself one. If you're able to cut yourself rad holes then you should have no problem making one.

umm... why not just leave a fan in there, running low volts so its quiet. you can never have to much air flow.

Unknown-One said:
Small scrap of sheet metal + paint + drill = fan hole cover
That would be my solution. or a Black Flag sticker would work too. Or Iron Maiden or Pantera :D

And yes, is has been shown that you CAN have too much air flow. Depending on where the fans are situated.

well if you where up for a total respray of your case, fill it with car body filler and sand it down.

Fawkes said:
umm... why not just leave a fan in there, running low volts so its quiet. you can never have to much air flow.
i'm modding the case so that the airflow is vertical as opposed to horizontal.
this hole / fan would disrupt that.

Just some cheapass ventilation duct cover you find in every hardware store
The more expensive ones you can slide open, if you would like some more airflow at some point in your life :rolleyes:

Back