Sound Driver problems.

dlaxman31

Limp Gawd
I just reinstalled Vista 64x today on my computer and my built in sound card won't work. I also installed an older Soundblaster Live! sound card but can't find any drivers that would work for x64 Vista.

I've tried the creative website and also searched for it too. No luck.

Curious if anyone else had this problem.

What built-in do you have? Go to sound properties and set the default to it as I'll bet it's trying to use the digital on your ATI card.

Yeah it is.. but its not showing the onboard sound at all. When I try to install the soundcard driver it fails. Downloading the driver off the net it fails also with an error message.

Then the Soundblaster Live! card I have doesn't have a x64 driver application

This is really frustrating. I went to the intel site for my board and that driver won't work either.

Any recommendations anyone?!

Don't know the site, but I found the drivers listed here.
http://driverscollection.com/?file_cid=40353949449dd730916fe3bc2c8

Just thought of something else: do you possibly have the on board shut off in BIOS? Also, I don't think there are working drivers for the Live! cards for Vista. If you do find some, LMK as I'd like to trymy old card just to see if it still works.
Yeah I used that download and it didn't work. I'll give it another try and see if anything happens.

About to just buy another "update" card so I can get freakin sound. I checked the BIOS and nothing is turned off.

Looks like a compatibility issue. Assuming this is a desktop, it would probably be cheaper in the long run just to get a cheap soundcard (it would still be better than onboard, in most cases) and call it a day. That is, assuming you assign any value to your time.

I know some of us would rather spend 20 hours troubleshooting than spend 50 dollars, I've been there too.

Back