SP2 issues with M6811?

jstevens44

n00b
I know there are lots of issues with installing SP2 on an M6805 unless you upgrade the bios to the M6811 bios. Does anyone know if there are any issues with upgrading an M6811 with the factory bios?

I just swapped my M6805 (cracked hinge) for the M6811 and went ahead and installed SP2 just to see what issues there were. I figured that I could always wipe the system and restore from the restore disk if it something went awry. After installing, everything seemed to work ok with only one single exception. The Music button at the top seems to autorun whatever's in the CD player, it doesn't open Media Player like it should. All of the other buttons work great. The wireless features for SP2 are really great, so if one non functioning button that I hardly every use doesn't work and that's the only thing wrong...I think I can live with that. I was just curious if anyone else with an M6811 has upgrade to SP2 and had other problems down the road. I don't want to upgrade if it's going to jack up my system a month later or so.

I had a few problems with my system M6811 and sp2 but after removing it and reinstalling it for the third time the problems stopped. The first problem was IE would run slower that if i was useing AOL and the second problem was with the wireless network but removing the drivers and reinstaling them fixed this. I have ran sp2 for about a month now with no more problems.

I just installed SP2 on my M6811 and I don't have any problems at all. Everything seems to be working great. I love the new wireless features.

I installed SP2 and it just boots to a black screen with the mouse cursor and nothing else ever shows up. It does work in safe mode, but I don't know what's wrong. It's basically right out of the box.

I have an M6811. From all that i'd heard about sp2, i was pretty worried about installing it now that i've just gotten everything set just right, and am too far from home (i.e. desktop and such) to have anything to fall back on. But, i took a leap of faith, albeit a foolish one, and accepted sp2 as an annoying inevitability. Turned out to work just fine, and haven't had any problems yet.

Back