Spend my money on Klipsch Promedia 2.1 or M-Audio Studiophile AV30?

I bought the M-Audio AV40's for my wife's computer and they sound really, really good.
They have much fuller mids than my current Logitech z-560 setup. This is rather obvious since the woofers are much larger than the 3" logitech drivers. The highs are also very clear and crisp. If it were my setup, I'd buy a subwoofer to go along with it. Better yet, get the Swan M200MKII or Swan 1080MKII speakers. Check them out at theaudioinsider.com

As always, get a subwoofer as well.
For my computer, I just bought a separate receiver and will be purchasing some bookshelf speakers. I will use the same subwoofer from my z-560's for some time though (probably until it dies).

Going to have to agree with J Maker and say look into the M200MKII's, I couldn't be happier with mine. They actually have quite a nice clean low end punch, but of course my recently acquired Dayton 10" sub helps out alot now... :D

Stay away from from Logitech and Klipsch's "computer speakers" unless shrilling highs, non-existent mids and muddy, boomy "bass" is what you are after.

Please don't buy Klipsch unless you absolutely have to.

Either go with M-Audio, Audio Engine, or Swan computer speakers and you will finally understand what music is "supposed" to sound like. Klipsch and Logitech are all marketing and no substance. Good luck.

The GMX-A 2.1s really aren't as bad as people like to paint them -- I have plenty of other undisputably quality equipment (70's era Pioneer and Yamaha recievers, Magnepan SMG-As, Acoustic Research AR3a's, Boston Acoustics A400s) to compare them to and while they certainly can't keep up with dedicated tower speakers, they're just fine for gaming on the PC, consoles, or watching movies.

Right, that's because games and movies don't require high audio fidelity whereas music does.

The GMX-A 2.1s really aren't as bad as people like to paint them -- I have plenty of other undisputably quality equipment (70's era Pioneer and Yamaha recievers, Magnepan SMG-As, Acoustic Research AR3a's, Boston Acoustics A400s) to compare them to and while they certainly can't keep up with dedicated tower speakers, they're just fine for gaming on the PC, consoles, or watching movies.

I have plenty of other undisputably quality equipment (70's era Pioneer and Yamaha recievers, Magnepan SMG-As, Acoustic Research AR3a's, Boston Acoustics A400s) to compare them to and while they certainly can't keep up with dedicated tower speakers ....QUOTE]

Classics! (Thumbs-Up) :cool:

Back