SSD Help

ferrisnox

Gawd
As background I'm a heavy PC user for work and fun. I have used a OCZ Vertex 60Gb SSD over the years and lately have been thinking of upgrading for more capacity. I do have secondary drives and such, but its just so nice having all the software on the ssd.

Anyways I have had a pretty good experience with OCZ, but have done my fair share of destructive firmware flashes over the years. I have been looking between a Crucial M4 or a Vertex 3. Now I'm only on a Sata II board so I know I won't get the full speed and that's fine as long as the drive will be stable. I'm looking for 120Gb minimum 240 if I can afford it. Hopefully this new SSD will last me through my next build. I have read some real horror stories OCZ is having with their new SandForce controllers which kind of scares me. Has anyone used one in a similar motherboard as me? GA-X58-USB3 Everything I heard about the M4 is that it is totally solid and legit. lol

Thanks All!

I would go for the M4. If you are buying now there is/was a promo for 15% off at Newegg - makes it an even easier call.

Back