STALKER Call of Pripyat mods?

Megalomaniac

2[H]4U
Hey all,

was wondering which mod should I load for Stalker Call of Pripyat?

Complete mod + complete weapons addon mod?
Reloaded?
SMRTER Pripyat mod? (looks cool, but not finished?)
FERR UM mod?

Any ideas suggestions?

Thanks!

Compete mod is great. i keep getting tempted by the Misery mod but every time i watch youtube videos of it, it just looks absolutely miserable. i.e. i would get my ass handed to me at every corner. so the title seems well suited.

I was just looking at Misery 2.0 mod also, looks really interesting.
Bunch of people (on Reloaded) were saying that complete isn't that good for COP. Misery or Reloaded might be better.

Compete mod is great. i keep getting tempted by the Misery mod but every time i watch youtube videos of it, it just looks absolutely miserable. i.e. i would get my ass handed to me at every corner. so the title seems well suited.

I tried it and it is a beat down, you can only really carry as much as you need to survive like one extra gun and some food + meds.
It does make the game more thrilling and adds extra tension to the battles. I will say that I really like the load out options for your character, it adds a smidge of RPG into it.

Last edited:
I stuck with reloaded up until it crashed every time when I tried traveling between places right before getting to pripyat.

Smrtr was kinda weird, but it could be fun.

I was just looking at Misery 2.0 mod also, looks really interesting.
Bunch of people (on Reloaded) were saying that complete isn't that good for COP. Misery or Reloaded might be better.

Complete is good for CoP, they just didn't change as much as in SoC. Because they didn't need to. SoC needed quite a bit of work, while CoP was a fairly solid game out of the gates.

Complete is good for CoP, they just didn't change as much as in SoC. Because they didn't need to. SoC needed quite a bit of work, while CoP was a fairly solid game out of the gates.

Yeah I had less issues with stock CoP than with mods. Really weird how its the opposite of SoC/Clear Sky.( I did finish CS stock without any bugs on my first play through though)

Impressive. CS threw me many bugs until Complete came out. I'm basically running just Complete and maybe a couple texture and item mods for all 3 with rarely a bug these days.

Balanced and fixed STALKER = gamer bliss.

Complete was outstanding for SoC and CS and should certainly be used on first time playthroughs.

But Complete for CoP got a lot more criticism because it made what was already the easiest game of the trilogy even easier, and it is also somewhat outdated and is not being kept up; some of the major mods it uses are older than what is currently available. For example, CoP Complete uses AtmosFear 2 instead of the current version 3.

I'm on my first playthrough of CoP. I attempted to put together most of the mods that make up CoP Complete with the updated versions, but it was too difficult and not something I want to write up, and misses some of the parts in Complete that I would maybe wanted to have had.

I now think that it may be that what I should have done was use the Reloaded mod. I'd like to hear comments about whether it's appropriate for a first-time playthrough.

Mods that are not appropriate for a first-time but are very interesting for later:

I Work Alone and its much more difficult successor Misery get a lot of praise. Everyone's waiting for Misery 2 to come out with a bunch of new stuff and maybe some fixes to some of its inconsistencies.

S.M.R.T.R. seems to be the major competitor to Misery. Again, everyone's waiting for SMRTR 0.45 to come out with a bunch of new stuff.

I found some discussion by people who had played both Misery and SMRTR here.

For CoP, just start without mods. I don't think Reloaded changes anything storywise but still.
I think it does make headshots really the only viable way to kill someone but that might be smrtr. It's been a while.

Sigerous is a good one if you can read Russian or have the patience to wade through to find translated files. It's not tied together into any sort of storyline, but it adds a lot of stuff to play with. New artifacts, lots of weapons, more areas once you finish the main story, etc. They may have new quests in the new areas by now.

SMRTER will likely be spectacular when it comes out.

Misery is fantastic. I played the older version and they've really jacked up the atmosphere a lot. The new one should be even more impressive.

I Work Alone and its much more difficult successor Misery get a lot of praise. Everyone's waiting for Misery 2 to come out with a bunch of new stuff and maybe some fixes to some of its inconsistencies.

lots of good info there evilsofa. it sounds like I Work Alone is a middle-ground between Complete and Misery. i think i'll try it out. it's that time of year, with halloween and all :D

I have been playing the Complete version. Had one bug thus far, when transferring to Jupiter area.
It does seem very easy. Money is ridiculously easy to come by, so are good weapons and armor.
You can be fully decked out in an exoskeleton with top tier weapons before leaving the first area.

The only really difficult part was the very very beginning, fighting snorkels with you first gun when hiding from the first emission. The bloodsuckers seem easy compared to the first one.

Would like to try Misery 2.0.

Back