Static when played loud

Nick_Leo

[H]ard|Gawd
When i play music really loud and at quite parts i can always hear static. Im connected from my x-fi to the coaxile input on my xr-55.

I wanna know how i can stop that static. My speaker specs are in my sig.

Well I think what you are looking for is hiss...static would be just loud, white noise. The noise is probably caused by your source and isn't something you can really do about other than get a higher quality source (I assume you are playing music).

Now if it just hisses when its quiet with no signal then there's something wrong with the electronics in your chain.

I've always found that if I have line-in, CD, or Mic unmuted on the playback mixer I get hiss. Try making sure those lines are muted if you're not using them. If nothing fixes it, then as said before it's probably the source.

ASIO4All should be able to help.
http://www.asio4all.com/

EDIT: Actually using an ASIO output plug-in for your player software (winamp, foobar 2k) should be fine. I would think the X-Fi comes with native ASIO drivers.

I've always found that if I have line-in, CD, or Mic unmuted on the playback mixer I get hiss. Try making sure those lines are muted if you're not using them. If nothing fixes it, then as said before it's probably the source.
That worked. Thanks a lot.

Back