Stay away from PNY !!! no wararnty if bought from Ebay

Manon66

Weaksauce
Don't buy any PNY videocards from ebay, unless you don't care about warranty, because even if it's an ebay store and the card is brand new, they won't honor the warranty.

I tried to RMA one defective 7900GTX without success. they apologize but couldn't care less.
For them ebay=second hand video card, and no warranty. So stupid.

I will never buy any PNY product again, this is the worst company I ever do businees with.

AVOID !

:mad:

A lot of companies will only honor a warranty if the product was bought from a offical reseller. In the case of PNY I bet they wanted an original sales ticket. You didn't have one so they didn't honor the warranty. To be fair other companies do this. If you look you'll prob see some rants on antec for not honoring warranties on power supplys without a sales ticket.

Most company will not honor a warranty on a piece of hardware sold through fleabay. I don't know why you'd expect them to, buying on ebay is a private transaction; if you wanted warranty service on the card you'd need the receipt from when whoever you bought it from purchased it. If you bought it from a "semi-company" on ebay who won't do that...well, that's how the cookie crumbles...there IS a reason why you can get a better price on stuff when you buy on ebay...you're bypassing the standard routes.

XFX doesnt really like it either, but being as they have a double lifetime wnty, they have to honor it. Just buy from an authorized e-tailer, and lay your problems to rest.....

i agree with the companies, how do they know the condition the item is on ebay, i would do the same thing, dont buy computer stuff on ebay if you want a warrenty :p

Ebay voids warranties, because there is no guarantee you are the first owner of that videocard. If it came dead out of the box chances are you weren't. Most warranties are for the original owner of the videocard. Kinda sucks for you, but I don't think it's specifically PNY's fault. With the economy the way it is, companies are being extra careful. Too many people PWN off their broken hardware to poor saps on ebay on a a daily basis. ;)

Think of it this way, you buy a something from a Flea market and try to exchange it at a real store. What the deal? If you were a business would you deal with that? Use some common sense.

I know your out a few hundread, you should always buy electronics from a retailer so you get a warranty. Dont point the finger and try to blame other people.

If you must buy from Ebay, buy from a very well respectable seller, who has proper receipt/tax/return/rma procedures etc.

Theres lots of bad on ebay, but theres lots of good too. If you are careful you can get excellent deals at awesome prices.

This post might as well say "Stay away from Rolex!!!! No warrenty if bought from guy on street corner!!!"

*rollseyes*

I think if the box is unopened/sealed, it shouldn't matter where it is purchased from.

Did they ask you for a receipt or did you yourself say ebay? I've heard they suck for RMA so i wouldn't doubt the receipt, but you wouldn't tell them that just if they asked would you?

Like someone said earlier, it's not PNY's fault.

PNY makes good products from what i've experienced

No matter which way you slice it, the OP shot himself in the foot on this one.

Next time you should do some research before you buy, if you don't consider the money you're spending, erm, expendable. :rolleyes:

Manon66 said:
Don't buy any PNY videocards from ebay, unless you don't care about warranty, because even if it's an ebay store and the card is brand new, they won't honor the warranty.

I tried to RMA one defective 7900GTX without success. they apologize but couldn't care less.
For them ebay=second hand video card, and no warranty. So stupid.

I will never buy any PNY product again, this is the worst company I ever do businees with.

AVOID !

:mad:
Sorry, but most companies don't provide a warranty for products that have been "eBayed..."

It does depend on the company. I sold memory on eBay and Mushkin honoured the warranty for the other user. All I had to was show them a copy of my invoice on the item from Newegg.

Klipsch honours eBay warranties, but that's when you buy directly from them though, so it doesn't really count.

I didn't specified but it was from an ebay store.

Lot of people here seem to believe that ebay = seller on a street corner , in fact there a lot of stores doing business on ebay, wake up dummies and specially PNY.

I bought a used XFX and no problem with double life warranty.

I bought a new card from an ebay store and no warranty so like I said, PNY warranty suck.

Manon66 said:
I didn't specified but it was from an ebay store.

Lot of dumb people believing that ebay = seller on a corner street, in fact there a lot of store doing businnes on ebay, wake up dummy and specially PNY.

Ok is the ebay store you got the card from an authorized pny reseller? Pretty much PNY like others will base the warranty on that.

dude, i dont want to see you get screwed. why dont you buy the same exact card from an "official retailer" use that invoice, send in the card, and sell the new one on the forums and cut your losses. Your not totally screwed you know. Just use your brain. And this isnt the least bit dishonest IMO because you say you bought it in an unopened/sealed state.

If it were sold as is, or Used, that would be a different story.

i had workd at a manufacture for automotive goods, and we would accept stuff back for rma if it was a "gift"... since they obiously wont have any proof of purchase, just a lil tip *hint hint*

Thanks I will try your trick.

Also I want to add that PNY don't want to honor the warranty for the ebay seller because he's selling on EBAY. So all these sellers quoting warrranty by manufactuer, well it's crap.

I hate PNY, my 6800GT just died, called PNY support up to ask abot RMA. He said that I didn't register for the 2 extra year warranty. I did. He asked for confirmation number. I didn't have it. He said SOL.

F PNY.

MrGuvernment said:
So it is PNYs fault because YOU didnt keep your confirmation number...... :rolleyes:

That does suck but hell PNY should have been able to pull it up. Can't fault PNY for wanting that number. I can fault them for not being able to pull it up.

^^^ that they should, as i assume when you get that confirmation number you provided details like email address/ full name / phone numbers or something else to associate it to the person.

but , on that side of things (devils advocate), they provide you a specific number, they should not have to do extra work because people can not stay organized and keep that number... what is enough enough...

Back