Steam Deleted All My Games! Nice!

ubern00b15

Gawd
My computer screwed up, so I restarted my computer. I had every single valve game installed but CS: condition zero. when I got back into windows, my steam was logged into a blank account I made a while ago. It was set to default at the account with everything installed. I looked in games and I noticed that everything was missing, so i realized that I was on the wrong account. I logged on to my main account, and all my games were there, but they werent installed. this picture shows it. It even deleted all my third party games

WTFVALVE.jpg

Now I have to freaking reinstall EVERYTHING, and redo all my configs. WHY? because valve is a pro company, that doesnt know how to write a simple program, even though its been out for how long? Is there any solution?

The only one that takes a while is hl2. The other ones go real quick. That sucks though. Also why have a blank account?

And to start off the steam flaming:

0mg st34m 15 n0t 1337! 1 0wnz3r st34m w1th my 1337n355!!!!!!!!!1111

Why does he have a blank account? My guess is he was trying out six-steam :p

/edited out reference to juarez.

Atari you shouldnt talk about warez here. Heck I dont know to many forums outside of warez forums that allow you to talk about that stuff just to let you know.

As for the steam thing yea its a tragic accident that happened but its not like it takes more than a day to download all your steam stuff anyways. Like you said your computer coughed and then steam screwed up. I really dont see any reason to jump on the I hate steam boat, maybe the I hate MS boat but steam i dunno its worked flawlessly for me for the past year.

There goes a reson why to back up your game do a 700MB disc or a 4.7 DVD. Thats why I did with all of my steam games and now I don't have to worry about any of this BS. My steam deleted my CS:Source one after the prodigy update came out and sice then I backed up all my steam games you should do that too. ;)

Atari said:
Why does he have a blank account? My guess is he was trying out six-steam :p

NEGAITVE. I bought CSS, and all the games in my folder, the blank account was for installing a game, steam ate my cs1.6 key, so I tried it in another account. it didnt work

The GCF files are still there, just click install and they'll be ready to play, bar any recent updates.

The Donut said:
The GCF files are still there, just click install and they'll be ready to play, bar any recent updates.

Yeah, it looks like your games are still there.

Try deleting the clientregistry.blob.

Like the others said, your games are obviously NOT deleted.

Doesn't a 859MB file named "half-life 2 content.gcf" kind of give it away that it wasn't deleted?

your only option now is suicide....

ubern00b15 said:
My computer screwed up, so I restarted my computer. I had every single valve game installed but CS: condition zero. when I got back into windows, my steam was logged into a blank account I made a while ago. It was set to default at the account with everything installed. I looked in games and I noticed that everything was missing, so i realized that I was on the wrong account. I logged on to my main account, and all my games were there, but they werent installed. this picture shows it. It even deleted all my third party games

http://cpmp.filenetwork.org/upload/WTFVALVE.jpg

Now I have to freaking reinstall EVERYTHING, and redo all my configs. WHY? because valve is a pro company, that doesnt know how to write a simple program, even though its been out for how long? Is there any solution?[/QUOTE]

AlexStenka said:
Yeah you got a point lol I never looked at that hmmmmmmmmm.......

*sigh* Always some idiot who can't read bashing steam. Clearly all your games are still there and simply need to be reinstalled. I have never had any problems with Steam. When HL2 came out I didn't even have problems installing it. I think you people just like to bitch and whine. Get used to Steam. I'm betting you'll see more apps liek it in the future. Its an easy way to deliver content. Aparently you guys don't remember searching for HOURS trying to find a server that had a CS update and wasn't being hammered.

Alias said:
Aparently you guys don't remember searching for HOURS trying to find a server that had a CS update and wasn't being hammered.

That actually still happens...

But I agree with all the anti-steam bitching that goes on. I've been using it for a yr now without problems :confused:

DemonDiablo said:
That actually still happens...

But I agree with all the anti-steam bitching that goes on. I've been using it for a yr now without problems :confused:

I'm sure it does happen, but its not as bad anymore. Worst case scenario, I leave my pc on overnight and steam will grab its own update. I had one problem updateing, when the bots came out. I would have just left it on, but I had to try out the bots :p So I sat and stared at the screen until it started its update :D

i recently moved steam from my ide hd to my sata hd, and it wanted to redownload all the games again, even though they were obviously there in the same folder. after some digging in the steam FAQ i did find the answer, (registry editing) but i didn't have any problem like that with doom3. in fact when i moved doom3 and clicked the executable file it popped up a window "Fix it or delete it" and i was like "fix it" and it just worked. Holy Cow! I knew their had to be something about doom3 that was better than HL2!

7718 said:
i recently moved steam from my ide hd to my sata hd, and it wanted to redownload all the games again, even though they were obviously there in the same folder. after some digging in the steam FAQ i did find the answer, (registry editing) but i didn't have any problem like that with doom3. in fact when i moved doom3 and clicked the executable file it popped up a window "Fix it or delete it" and i was like "fix it" and it just worked. Holy Cow! I knew their had to be something about doom3 that was better than HL2!

You don't even need to do any editing, just have to delete the ClientRegistry.blob file and your steam install will work after moving the folder. It's nice that Doom3 recognizes that for you, though.

Back