Steam Midweek Madness: Shadowgrounds Pack for $5

Not hearing great reviews on these games, but the look reminds me a little of a series of games back in the day. No Remorse, No Regret? Something like that.

Crusader: No Remorse and No Regret were isometric shooters that moved slower than Shadowgrounds, but I suppose I could see the comparison. The guns in those games were ridiculously cool though.

Not hearing great reviews on these games, but the look reminds me a little of a series of games back in the day. No Remorse, No Regret? Something like that.

I really cant believe people #1 still listen to reviews.. and #2 need a review for a 5$ game.. This is truly sad LOL

well I came here looking for opinions on it too, not so much because of the $5 pricetag, but I hate that I have games on my steam list that I will never install or play again.

I really cant believe people #1 still listen to reviews.. and #2 need a review for a 5$ game.. This is truly sad LOL

I'm going to ask this question just out of curiosity, not to be rude. Do you buy a $60 game based purely on what you think it might be like, or maybe from playing the demo? Do you rent? Why is reading reviews such a bad thing?

Hey man, five bucks is five bucks. Why waste it?

Especially when games like Bioshock come along at $5.

There are demos on steam. I played Survivor and it's not too bad. It seemed fun enough to be worth $5.

I bought this game last year and absolutely love it. The graphics and physics are impressive now, which makes the engine even more impressive given its age. This game comes from the same makers of Trine.

That means their design philosophy is that you can play SP campaign, but it's not as fun as MP. MP is only same-room, simultaneous play. Players can use multiple keyboards/mice and gamepads. It *is* reminiscent of SmashTV and, in my opinion, the best computer adaptation of that type of game mode. The characters gain stats and drops to upgrade their characters and equipment.

I take reviews with a grain of salt, but you can get a grasp of what kind of game it is rather than buying it blindly.

Perhaps I have not attained the level of wealth and/or carelessness that you have. Feel free to gift it to me on Steam :).

Crusader: No Remorse and No Regret were isometric shooters that moved slower than Shadowgrounds, but I suppose I could see the comparison. The guns in those games were ridiculously cool though.

My bad, I watched the trailers and it's not as similar as I thought. I might just be craving that game, the guns were indeed cool :)

Yeah, their are only 138 items on Steam that are under 5 dollars right now. Thats ONLY 690 dollars. Let me grab my droid and purchase 98% of the apps and games in the Market without reading any of the reviews or looking at the star rating.

I feel like you may have been picked on enough but this is silly. You don't have to just look at the score and make a decision but a review is a better place to find out what the game is about then from the company. Their are some sites and reviewers that I know if their tastes are like mine from reading reviews, listening to them on podcasts etc. Believe it or not many of the members of this forum are smart enough to be able to getting information from a variety of sources and come to a decision.

I'm going to ask this question just out of curiosity, not to be rude. Do you buy a $60 game based purely on what you think it might be like, or maybe from playing the demo? Do you rent? Why is reading reviews such a bad thing?

I'll take reviews with a large grain of salt. I usally listen to friends, family, of forums to help motivate my buying decisions. That and demos are great.

The problems I've had with reviews is so many are "bought" and as such are worthless.

Back