Steam: Stalker Call of Pripyat Discount

Tzzird

Supreme [H]ardness
Seems like Call of Pripyat is on Steam finally. $29.99 is $10 cheaper than from Amazon.

They also have a $19.99 price for those that already have Clear Sky and Shadow of Chernobyl on their Steam account.

I have Clear Sky on my steam account (pre-paid Steam purchase). Now I'm kicking myself for not having purchased Shadow of Chernobyl during the Christmas sale for $2!!

Anyone with the first two, looks like you've got a hard to beat deal.

Seems like Call of Pripyat is on Steam finally. $29.99 is $10 cheaper than from Amazon.

They also have a $19.99 price for those that already have Clear Sky and Shadow of Chernobyl on their Steam account.

I have Clear Sky on my steam account (pre-paid Steam purchase). Now I'm kicking myself for not having purchased Shadow of Chernobyl during the Christmas sale for $2!!

Anyone with the first two, looks like you've got a hard to beat deal.

Loyalty Promo grants a discount off Call of Pripyat if you already own the Steam Version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. Please note that you need to have Clear Sky or Shadow of Chernobyl registered to your Steam account before purchasing Call of Pripyat to receive the discounted price.

- you dont need them both!!

I bought the first one during the xmas sale for $1.99. and now I get a $10 discount, just awesome!!! Thanks Steam!

Yeah I was going to sigh about that because I have an old hard copy of SOC from near release and a Steam copy of Clear Sky for 17 bucks from the first day of 2009.

Guess that's not an issue now. :D

Yeah I was going to sigh about that because I have an old hard copy of SOC from near release and a Steam copy of Clear Sky for 17 bucks from the first day of 2009.

Guess that's not an issue now. :D

Im the opposite... hard copy of Clear Sky and Steam copy of SoC from xmas sale. Yea it says OR...so as long as you have one or the other, $10 off.

i got soc on a disc. i think i played the last third of the game like half dozen times. fun stuff.
but i still have yet to beat clear sky and i got so many games as it is. any idea if this is just a week special?

Good deal, I wish more companies did loyalty deals. I wasn't going to buy this but I feel I should support the deal! lol.

FYI to any native Russian speakers: though the Steam page states that Russian is an available language for the game, you are NOT able to select it from the right click menu in Steam.

I would probably not have bought if I had known this in advance. The other games' English dialogue, while still being pretty good, absolutely pales in comparison with the original. Oh well.

I am angry right now. I own hard copies of both SoC and clear sky, along with a steam copy of SoC, I bought both hard copies at $40 a piece, now this deal comes down after I spent the full 40 on the "collectors edition" of CoP which came with not enough stickers and a lame map poster. It hasn't even been two weeks from launch and they drop the price 50% I feel more loyal then most people who have played ether of these games and they drop this bullshit. Whats going on, is GSC taking a pay cut, or is the hard copy publisher bitcomposer games taking an insane cut of the profits?

I am angry right now. I own hard copies of both SoC and clear sky, along with a steam copy of SoC, I bought both hard copies at $40 a piece, now this deal comes down after I spent the full 40 on the "collectors edition" of CoP which came with not enough stickers and a lame map poster. It hasn't even been two weeks from launch and they drop the price 50% I feel more loyal then most people who have played ether of these games and they drop this bullshit. Whats going on, is GSC taking a pay cut, or is the hard copy publisher bitcomposer games taking an insane cut of the profits?

Its $10 off (not 50%) and you own SoC in Steam so you can take advantage of the deal. Whats the problem?

Its $10 off (not 50%) and you own SoC in Steam so you can take advantage of the deal. Whats the problem?

Copy of CoP from retail = $40, steam copy of it = $20 with loyalty discount, math may of not been my strong suit but that's 50%. Yeah I guess a steam copy without the discount is $30, but I have also never seen that kind of BS before, Where retail versions totally get the shaft price wise so early by steam.

Copy of CoP from retail = $40, steam copy of it = $20 with loyalty discount, math may of not been my strong suit but that's 50%. Yeah I guess a steam copy without the discount is $30, but I have also never seen that kind of BS before, Where retail versions totally get the shaft price wise so early by steam.

Oh I see you bought retail CoP already. I missed that part.

i got soc on a disc. i think i played the last third of the game like half dozen times. fun stuff.
but i still have yet to beat clear sky and i got so many games as it is. any idea if this is just a week special?
The description says the loyalty sale is permanent.

FYI to any native Russian speakers: though the Steam page states that Russian is an available language for the game, you are NOT able to select it from the right click menu in Steam.

I would probably not have bought if I had known this in advance. The other games' English dialogue, while still being pretty good, absolutely pales in comparison with the original. Oh well.

change your steam to russian... then your game will be in same language.

Thanks OP !

I am a huge fan of Stalker series, own both on steam and in hard and bit on the loyalty deal, even though I am yet to complete Clear Sky !

Good deal !

hmmm, i own both SoC and CS retail copies. i may purchase CS on steam for $9.99 first, and then purchase CoP for $19.99 so that i end up spending the same $30 but get a steam copy of CS for free. not even sure if i have the stamina to play through another STALKER game...decisions decisions.

The distribution costs for physical copies are almost always greater than the bandwidth costs for hosting digital downloads. I can see why you're upset, but there are very few established franchises that will ever sell at B&M stores for a mere $20 shortly after launch. There are exceptions of course with World of Goo, Braid and Serious Sam coming to mind although I don't recall seeing Braid at B&M stores. Plus those are all smaller games both in budget and the size of the dev teams.

In the longer term having companies sell us titles for less via digital downloads or offer sales/rebates to loyal customers is an excellent way to reward gamers while giving the devs/publishers some measure of the DRM they keep trying to force on consumers.

This is crazy, I haven't even started playing the first game yet (SoC). I need to get a move on!

Can anyone comment on how the multiplayer is?

Is the community big? Are there games to be played on off hours?

Anything on multiplayer would be nice.

"collectors edition" are for people who are huge fans of the game. Don't get angry because you paid the collectors edition tax. This discount is probably aimed at people that wouldn't have bought the game otherwise, like the many in this thread who haven't played or finished the first two, not the dedicated people who buy it on day one. How old are you that you can actually be angry at the amount of stickers included?

How did I miss the "OR" in the deal!!! Thanks for clearing that up dnottis.

Buying this tonight!

Back