Steam Weekend Deal: Brothers in Arms 60% Off

How is the Brothers in Arms series? I've never played any of them. I am a big FPS fan too...You think this would be worth it?

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway™is $9.99 at Best Buy right now. ...if you can find a copy that doesn't look like a pit bull ate it.

Last edited:
i bought hell's highway at release, it was in the middle of a drought and i was craving a new FPS game to play. i played through almost all of it, but in the end i found it to be only mediocre. i personally don't like the squad commander role you're forced to play. it felt like a lot of work having to tell one squad to lay a base of cover fire and then tell another squad to flank the enemy, all the while i'm crouched behind a bush to avoid enemy fire. i felt like i was spending more time crouched behind something commanding my troops than shooting my weapon at the enemy. to anyone interested in this deal i suggest watching youtube vids to gauge whether or not the gameplay appeals to you.

Pretty good deal. I played the first one and enjoyed it, never got around to the other 2. Looks like now's a good time. Hell's Highway looks awesome.

i bought hell's highway at release, it was in the middle of a drought and i was craving a new FPS game to play. i played through almost all of it, but in the end i found it to be only mediocre. i personally don't like the squad commander role you're forced to play. it felt like a lot of work having to tell one squad to lay a base of cover fire and then tell another squad to flank the enemy, all the while i'm crouched behind a bush to avoid enemy fire. i felt like i was spending more time crouched behind something commanding my troops than shooting my weapon at the enemy. to anyone interested in this deal i suggest watching youtube vids to gauge whether or not the gameplay appeals to you.

Thanks for convincing me not to get it :p

Yeah this is not your standard FPS. It's more like the earlier Rainbow 6 games in tactics except that you spend more time ordering other people where to go.

I've only played Hell's Highway. I liked the squad base play and I am a big FPS fan. I just hated the story line. I felt like I was watching a bad movie with horrible acting and a terrible script. I might have enjoyed the story more if I played the first ones before this because the story is a continuation of the prior games, as it seems.

Back