Steam Winter Sale is LIVE!

Unfortunately, it already showed up and was not really a great deal ($37.50 if I remember correctly).

I'm guessing on a big blowout end sale tomorrow. I'm expecting at least Fallout 3: GOTY or MW2 to go on sale. Just a guess though...
Why do people speculate on this? CoD4 and W@W didn't go on sale for about a year after release and it was a piddly 50% off at that. I see other people mentioning L4D2 and it makes me snort...dry snort unfortunately, no coke :(

Wow, is today the day MW2 is getting bumped out of the top 6?

Too bad they aren't offering a Command and Conquer Pack, I'd probably be all over that at the right price.

just bought zombie bowling for 99 cents and toca race driver 3 for $8 (so i can finally lose my 10 year old cd :D ) please stop this sale, steam... i cant afford to keep looking at your site.

"Not for now"... meaning?

For now, it's not at or below that price.

Were you really expecting another meaning out of that, that would result in being able to buy it right now for the daily deal price? It will probably go on sale again (could be months), but no one here would know ahead of time.

i don't know why you wouldn't buy that unreal deal pack, it's well worth the money at that price point.

Morrowwind is well worth $4.99 even for such an old game, it's leagues better than Oblivion

in fact, if they had Morrowwind's story and atmosphere using Oblivion's graphics engine

we'd be seriously talking about Morrowind being the greatest single player RPG of all time

Really? I'll pick up Morrowind then. If the storyline's good (such as Baldur's Gate 2), I don't care about the eye candy. I thought Oblivion was a snoozefest.

Hoping L4D2 shows up tomorrow. I missed when it was up earlier. While I'm wishing perhaps it'll only be $19.99

Hoping L4D2 shows up tomorrow. I missed when it was up earlier. While I'm wishing perhaps it'll only be $19.99

Having spent way too many hours on L4D, I'm resisting L4D2. It was getting repetitive. Kill zombies, run, kill zombies, run, TANK, run. Maybe in another few months when they have a GOTY edition.

So with the sale winding down, I've been looking through the non-daily deals, and I've noticed a few standouts:

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - worth $5?
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition - worth $10?
IL2 Sturmovik: 1946 - worth $5?
Assassin's Creed - worth $10?
Hawx - worth $15?
Any of the Silent Hunter games - worth $5?

Also, somebody please remind me to pick up Tachyon at $5.

Having spent way too many hours on L4D, I'm resisting L4D2. It was getting repetitive. Kill zombies, run, kill zombies, run, TANK, run. Maybe in another few months when they have a GOTY edition.

L4D2 is a huge improvement over L4D. I held off for a bit, but once you go 2 you can't play 1 again... It feels much more complete.

So with the sale winding down, I've been looking through the non-daily deals, and I've noticed a few standouts:

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - worth $5?
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition - worth $10?
IL2 Sturmovik: 1946 - worth $5?
Assassin's Creed - worth $10?
Hawx - worth $15?
Any of the Silent Hunter games - worth $5?

Also, somebody please remind me to pick up Tachyon at $5.

Both Silent hunter and IL2 Sturmovik have a bit of a learning curve but once you get pass that there extremely fun. I have never been into Simulator games but man I'm having a blast with both games. From what I understand IL2 Sturmovik is every release ever made, so you're getting all the expansion packs included for 5 bucks!;)

Both Silent hunter and IL2 Sturmovik have a bit of a learning curve but once you get pass that there extremely fun. I have never been into Simulator games but man I'm having a blast with both games. From what I understand IL2 Sturmovik is every release ever made, so you're getting all the expansion packs included for 5 bucks!;)
Thanks for that. IL2 is now in my cart alongside Tachyon. It's not a daily deal, so I have a bit more time to chew over it.

Wonder if on the last day of daily deals.. steam would pull out all the daily sales once more just for the few of us that missed a day or two of deals. I'd be picking up at least 50bucks worth of sales I missed.

I wonder if we'll get the witcher for $5.
I hope so. I've had it sitting in my to-buy list since the sale started, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet in the hopes that they'll make it one of the daily specials.

goin to go hard core shopping towmorrow was scared to buy anything not on the daily deals in fear of it may be on the daily deal. so im waiting till the last day to buy everything says through jan 3rd so tow is the last day right?? or is it today?

goin to go hard core shopping towmorrow was scared to buy anything not on the daily deals in fear of it may be on the daily deal. so im waiting till the last day to buy everything says through jan 3rd so tow is the last day right?? or is it today?
Tomorrow is the last day of sales. There's still one more round of deals to go.

Whats funny is I sold my hardcopies of Mass Effect, Witcher, and Oblivion to some sucker for 80$, and now I'm looking at these prices.
PLEASE Oblivion on tommorows daily dealz!

Hoping to see Witcher tomorrow... Still debating DoW2, Titan Quest, and WIC complete also.

Hoping to see Witcher tomorrow... Still debating DoW2, Titan Quest, and WIC complete also.

I was originally going to grab DoW 2 at the recommendation of a friend (we both used to play DoW) as well as the full DoW set. He said DoW2 just seemed much more polished and to skip DoW all together. I haven't tried it yet, but it looked good enough to pick up for the $20.

If you've played (and liked) Diablo 2, you'll love Titan Quest. Same type of item system but with the addition of dual classes.

Really? I'll pick up Morrowind then. If the storyline's good (such as Baldur's Gate 2), I don't care about the eye candy. I thought Oblivion was a snoozefest.

Picked up Morrowind. Okay, I retract my statement. After playing Dragon Age and Witcher, I couldn't look past the graphics to the storyline. The one consolation is that I didn't pay more than $5.

Picked up Morrowind. Okay, I retract my statement. After playing Dragon Age and Witcher, I couldn't look past the graphics to the storyline. The one consolation is that I didn't pay more than $5.

Well it is a 7 year old game :p I never got into it when it was first released either, not my type of game. Even still, I'm tempted to get a digital copy for $5 before the sale ends.

If you're talking about multiplayer, something coop like L4D is probably best. If they repeat the daily deal, go for it.

If you're talking about sitting together working one one game, I can't recommend anything more highly than Portal. My wife and I played together and absolutely loved it.

Back